Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

I heard even the intraday turnover must be within networth limit.

Suppose ur networth is 25 lacs. U already bought delivery for 24 lac. Now u can enter maximum one lac intraday.

Also if ur holding value becomes say 27 lacs SEBI will ask u to sell 2 lac worth shares to bring down ur holding to maximum networth 25 lacs

As he said above and just last month I too submitted last six months bank statement for the same. I don’t know about 15% as I haven’t received any such mail, but I did get acknowledgement for financials submission.

has the current fall in markets something to do with the decisions taken by the legendary organisation recently?

1 Like

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) have upped their ante against a circular issued by the market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), on beneficial ownership of offshore funds.

At least a dozen FPIs, including Amansa Capital, Helios and Morgan Stanley Asset Management — which operate from outside India but have links to the county — wrote to the prime minister, finance minister and Sebi, saying that the move will hit a third of the overseas assets in the country.

According to Asset Managers Roundtable of India (Amri), such funds account for assets worth $75 billion in India. They would be forced to unwind their positions by December if the regulator does not provide relief. “It is preposterous and highly irresponsible to claim that 75 billion dollars of FPI investment will move out of the country because of SEBI’s circular issued in April 2018,” said Sebi in a statement.

The circular will affect not only boutique India-dedicated funds founded by non-resident Indians (NRIs), but also some of the funds managed by top global institutions who have appointed NRIs or even a person of Indian origin (PIO) as their fund managers.

“The Sebi circular clashes with the stated objective of the government to encourage more offshore fund managers to relocate to India. The fraternity is not wary about disclosure of the end-beneficiaries. The real issue is that it places severe restrictions on FPIs being managed by PIOs or NRIs. Both Sebi and the government should take cognisance of several genuine funds that would be affected by the circular,” said Nishith Desai, founder, Nishith Desai Associates.

1 Like

No, that is an exaggeration of the matter at hand. The F&O and Intraday-Cash segments thrive on leverage not just in India but internationally. Now its just people letting their imaginations run wild. Leverage will be tuned down but will not be non-existent. On what criteria will the leverage be offered? That only the outcome of the Sept 18th meeting will tell us.

4 Likes

Agreed, collecting bank statements is a fairly common practice. Perhaps he is new to FNO and with the current climate in the Indian capital markets he probably freaked out.

1 Like

If SEBI really wants to help retailers, it should reduce the margins for retail investors and increase the margins required for large investors.

But it is doing the opposite. I wonder what is the real motive of this move.

2 Likes

Sebi sud come up with ,how every indian sud invest in stock market by giving attractive price points, in derivatives too

IN CHINA AROUND 80% PPLZ ARE IN MARKETS

this sebi acting dectator . For fradulent.u can come up with 100000 shares trading must need worth certificate. Not 1000 qty buier seller. Obviously who is not capable of 5000 qty he cant be involved in fradulent price actions lol

1 Like

guys, just type “anmi uploads product suitability” on google. you will find ample papers submitted to sebi by anmi regarding this issue…

1 Like

Does anyone have any updates on this ?

All set to put ban on cash segment also by sebi. Just trade for last few months of our trading life

1 Like

Where did u get this information from ?

1 Like

He is creating panic without any concrete information

2 Likes

P S sarcasm out of frustration.

2 Likes

waise bhai log, i went through two anmi docs submitted to sebi…in those they suggested for measures only in fno…cash market was not there…so i guess whateva sebi guys will do on 18 sep will be on fno and not cash…however, lets wait and see what happens

1 Like

Bro your sarcasm might give people heart attack :rofl:

1 Like

Tomorrow is SEBI horror show. Lets see what ghosts they unleash upon us :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes