Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

You best option is to fight. Go to this thread -

SEBI wants to kick you out. Better fight or leave the market. The middle ground is trading in a dead market.

3 Likes

You know what, I was actually waiting for this. I had a feeling with indexes doing all so well and sectors yet to show something actually and really good, I think, I know where all this is going and why SEBI has gone so crazy.

May be the markets are actually sitting on a big bubble and SEBI has been trying to stop it from bursting.

But I don’t know this is just a wild guess, based on all the news that I read since past year or so and the things that have been happening since lately. It’s like Kerala floods people; people getting too greedy to see it coming and actually make it happen due to actions influenced by greed.

It’s going to be diwali for the markets. Fireworks everywhere LOL… (I am just being sarcastic BTW)

2 Likes

I think everything will soon settle down, until then just need to wait a little. Until it all does. And when it does, BSE like story may emerge. A brand new and very effective and robust system which gives opportunity to all to grow. Hopefully… :frowning:

13, 14 may be 15000 everyone and all in just one short jump. I hope I am correct in all this.

1 Like

It’d be a good idea if we step up and overturn this rather than waiting and things to self-regulate.

You can/must go for it, if you feel that way but for me, sometimes I’d rather wait and watch as for me, there is nothing ; absolutely nothing , that really really bothers me. As so far in my life I have kinda always found a way to come out of even life threatening situations, by my wit and by god’s grace ofcourse.

So I am kind of nonchalant right now and as I said, until I am ready to effect changes in a way that I want, i may wait on the sidelines. I know this could turn things away from me, but I know, in the long run I shall be able to turn things my way.

Also, regards voting, I didn’t because, I can’t fund much and also wouldn’t want to be just moral support, but rather be more than that and be an active part of it. So… no vote yet.

This is crowd funding, we are not asking for much. And why not help out your brethren? Yeah you may let this die, you probably have alternatives. But we don’t want to be sidelined to alternatives. And I guess it’d be a good idea if you had the market as an option along with whatever else you could do.

People participation is goin down, can feel it lol, pura rules toh abhi aye bhi nahi hein ,full nse penda haha

1 Like

Take this shitty oppurtunity to a golden oppurtunity to go into other market, dont dive down with nse if u r a professional. Noob nse

1 Like

Very true … I think we as citizens have failed to keep a check on the leaders we vote … we just vote and assume that the party we voted will definitely care for us. Everyone comes to power these days only to serve themselves.

8 Likes

absolutely true and sad too…

1 Like

SEBI’s intentions are clear :

1. they are favouring certain group of market participants (i.e. FIIs to attract foreign investors).
  2. keeping away certain groups of market prticipants (i.e. retail investors) especially when the markets are at all time high.
    retail traders/investors can’t take onvernight short positions in cash segment if they r kept away from F&O.
2 Likes

Every good thing must come to an end at some point. I guess. May be this is the end for the good days. So I am just preparing to brace for the impact.

Mr. Stark, I don’t feel so good. I don’t wanna go. Sir, I don’t wanna go.

Sorry, I am trying.

1 Like

One of our fellow traders received an email asking him to submit income proof in the form of ITR Acknowledgement receipt, Bank Statement etc. from ShareKhan.

Anybody else get that?

https://www.sharekhan.com/services/notices/SebiNotice_lp.html

Curios wording : Bank statement of any last 6 months starting from July 2009 till date can be submitted. The bank statement should be such that it should commensurate with the positions (15% of the total exposure taken by the client) in the derivative segment.

True but the thing this govt is doing is just supporting the billionaires of india .Have you checked Ambani’s rank in forbes ,he was in top 40-50 in 2014 now he’s in top 15 …

3 Likes

Is that applicable to intraday exposure too? Not sure!

This is very bad, may be a Draconian Laws if applicable to intraday exposure. Usually NETWORTH in stock market implies only liquid net-worth=> only cash, bond, demat holding etc.

So, for just 1 lot bank nifty exposure is 11.5-12 lakh approx. We need approx 80,000 networth.

I hope 15% not applicable to intraday BO-CO-MIS positions. Someone with sharekhan may confirm it.

More regulation may come soon, SEBI is pushing it hard as of now.

I haven’t read anything about Intraday-Cash yet. But if the idea is to mitigate risk associated with leverage I think there will be some impact on the Intraday-Cash level as well. While it is a preemptive move by SK I think the points in the circular correspond with the ANMI letter we saw earlier, at-least with regard to leverage where the suggestion was to cap it at around 5X.

This is nothing new… i have been submitting 6 months bank stmt every year as proof, since i started trading… only new thing i see is the 15% thing or the 1.2L thing. Am not sure, if these number were specific in the earlier years, but one f these documents was mandatory every year for trading in FNO.atleast my broker used to collect.

Lets stop using jio, he will be back to 40s :slightly_smiling_face:
Being in mkt, we shld know what is fueling d reliance growth.

1 Like