Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

They are doing so to increase participation in future market.so that real market wont get affected even if so many market makers

Whats the point in reducing BNF’s lot? Why not reduce Stock Option Lots? Can a small retailer like me with 2-3L cap ever take a Covered Call on a Stock with its meaningless high lot sizes? But the Big Boys always do that and make money no matter what the market does. Covered Call is essential for Indian investors and traders alike. For the next decade or so Indian economy will rise despite of intermittent chokes. If small pocket participants do not get the provision to be able to protect his or her position, then the regulator must ban retail participation completely.

They reduced for around 15 good stocks did you check that?

And then increased for 48 stocks !

I think most of the increased ones would be to bring the contract value around 5 lacs, and some of them retailers shouldn’t even touch.

Ofcourse they didnt introduce mini futures or so, but mostly tried to reduce the 10-12 lac contract value ones to around 5-6 lacs

I remember I used to know where Britannia will go next but didnt have the guts to trade its futures due to 12 lac contract value

Why you could have bought options then?

Without public kuch nai hota, dont worry chillers can also participate in market

Glad to know, you being a HNI use Zerodha and for queries come to TradingQna.

2 Likes

Britannia doesnt move to benefit in options, it usually moved 1-2% every day that too on scattered days

Also options were very less traded that time, this is before the recent crash in Britannia from 7000 to 5600

Yes my HNI money is still in the market,that i lost

Let SEBI completely ban derivatives in india, its all turned into gambling business as we see institutional guys running algos etc & controlling indian markets. Smaller traders are all screwed up. The bigger ones manipulate the moves, create panic & control the directions. This is known for years but as all entities earn huge money from taxes, brokerages etc nobody wants to express & take actions.

Anything that you lose in the market is self inflicted. If you know something, you can act on it. Now, if you don’t know something, then you cannot act on it, that also implies that you exactly know when to act. When you say,

then you know what to do. Don’t you?

Derivative instruments are not meant for short-term trading, in essence, their purpose is solely to insure or protect a position. Even SEBI cannot ban derivatives in India. It’s the lifeline of huge positions held by financial institutions, who in turn form the pillars of our Economy (though corrupt, agreed, but that’s where we belong). The bigger picture is far far distant from you and I losing or making money. Yes it hurts when we lose, after all we lose our hard-earned toil. No one else is responsible for that loss apart from we ourselves. We inflict that on ourselves, no body force us to participate.

All that can be done is to become psychologically strong and relentlessly work on our strategy. There is a book that I will suggest you to read several times from cover to cover - Mind Over Markets. It’s a very expensive book, but zillion times worth it than your losses. A different trader/investor guaranteed after you finish the book.

Yes I dont know how to swim or play tennis, so lets ban Wimbledon and Olympics

Let me tell you a majority of retailers - both investors and traders - are complete XYZ (I dont want to use any bad words otherwise I get banned). They completely deserve the bashing they get in this market

Lot of intelligent and methodical traders and investors also may make losses because ofcourse they also may fail sometimes in front of the big money, but if you ask them, they will never agree to ban derivatives.

Thanks for sharing name of the book & your views. I’ve only stated facts & i know lot of traders may not agree with my view. I’ve worked hard on my strategy too & it works with proper money management though i’m not a daily trader. I’m writing on behalf of larger population & our country as we are only feeding these foreign / institutional giants who are earning from us.

Here is the link for , desperate SEBI & its members finding another way to restrict retail traders & investors !!
https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/sebi-preparing-index-to-gauge-an-investors-affordability

But it’s not capping based on networth…only for surveillance

So, i written this line !!!

@vivek i always tell people to be patient. Inch by inch step by step viswa and his party will ban retail investor. Not overnight

The first step taken the term affordability has now become official

Now it is only matter of time before rest

Hmmm…but aren’t round tripping via mule accounts a real problem?

Many retail traders capital is less than a lakh rupees may be less than 50000 rupees , If SEBI consider retail traders trading account as mule’s accounts , i wonder how many years it will take , to do round tipping or to accumulate black money :sweat_smile::joy::joy: