Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

@p699

you are the one derailing the thread.

please keep your opinions , pictures and apples-to-oranges comparisons to yourself.

Now who started it by asking insulting questions ? And you have the temerity blame me later ! Dont derail this thread into another philosophical discussion.

3 Likes

Guys, this is an issue which will affect most retail traders…hence all those who feel they are gonna be affected due to this, lets keep our discussion limited to the issue at hand and not deviate into something unwanted or irrelevant to this thread…only then we can come up with something innovative as to how we can address this. i would also want to add that lets just ignore people who are discouraging and are commenting things that are completely opposite to what this thread has been created for.

2 Likes

@p699

i don’t see anything insulting in that question.

Do traders provide any product or service to the economy like companies do?

All you are doing is providing “value” to brokers. LOL.

Again, i am not the one derailing, BUT YOU CLEARLY ARE.

Thanks @Vandana1 for this initiative.

I really appreciate your efforts. Great :+1:
There are lots of retail traders here who will discourage you. Just ignore them. Because they have nothing to do with trading. They don’t even know how price discovery works in stock mkt and what is the role of derivatives in stock mkt. I mean why stock mkts all over the world have introduced derivative products like F&O. They even have a great taboo about Speculation as an art. They simple love to argue with others. Don’t deterred by these nasamahaj traders. Keep collecting support for this Noble cause.

Don’t think SEBI is thinking about retail traders. They are interested in their business and profit only. In the name of retail traders they are planning to restore their image and business.

Best of luck :+1:

4 Likes

What i find amusing is people here vehemently defending this proposol to me, instead of going to SEBI office and doing dharna.

But i guess a simple change.org petition will do just fine by sitting at home or complaining on forums. That will surely bring SEBI to its knees and listen to the retail traders here.

1 Like

Thank you Akash for your support and kind words.
I agree derivatives trading was started out for some reason and if a trader trades moderately and keeping his/her risk in moderation while following strict rules he/she will never fall overboard.

Sebi creating strict rules for retailers looks like a parent who wants to keep their child in primary school because they don’t want their child to go thru the difficult phase of sitting for board exams.

There can be many other ways to give limited exposure to retailers too so that trading skills can be developed. But sebi doesn’t want to research those ways.

Thanks again

4 Likes

The amount of support this petition will gather in coming days will be proof for any interested part to file PIL whenever the rule gets implemented.
So the more supporters get gathered will be a documentary proof of how negatively the rule is affecting and how many people feel it.

2 Likes

@Vandana1

None of you here could convince me that this proposal is bad for underfunded retail traders.

How will you convince a judge?

1 Like

Let the lot sizes be decreased and then see how many are underfunded

1 Like

@Vandana1

LOL again.

Why would SEBI/Exchanges decrease the lot sizes?

Now you are going to file PIL for that too ?

All i can say is good luck fighting the case for the next 10 years.

1 Like

:joy::laughing::grin::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the wishes …but at least we are trying and not sitting on the side criticising people and accepting what we feel is not correct

Let it take 10 years or whatever number of years …no problem at all … at least we are trying …

1 Like

Screensh
Here SEBI is conducting awareness campaign in a jail. Such awareness only can bring about decrease in speculation. Why cant it conduct a qualifying test/exam for all traders who want to do derivatives trading ?

2 Likes

Yes, when they can conduct awareness classes in jails then why not hold such classes for small traders too so that their knowledge regarding trading is increased.

Lets make one thing clear.

I am not on any side nor am i criticizing people.

It was the people here who started defending this proposal to me when i never asked them to.

In any case , if you can’t convince a random stranger on the internet, i really doubt you will be able to convince a judge.

All of you could have chosen to ignore me , but no.

People here are acting as though wining an argument with me will somehow make this proposal go away. LOL. Still very amusing.

another way could be if derivatives are traded then a position should be allowed for execution only if it is hedged with another trade…this is going to be something technical which brokers tech team will have to find out how the platform has to be modified such that only hedged bets are done and no speculation is possible…

2 Likes

More than 80 people have already been convinced about it till now …so 1:80 is a good result for us I guess … more than enough to convince a judge

1 Like

SEBI knows everything. They have lot of money, manpower and resources for sure. But they are concerned for the 1:15 ratio only. They just want to restore their image within the country and among the stock mkts of the world so that their business will run more smoothly in future and they will make more profit. But the problem is retail traders will be the scapegoat in this process. And once again… SEBI is not interested at all for any welfare of retail traders. They are only interested in their business and profit. They just create an illusion that they think a lot about retail traders.

3 Likes

Actually SEBI wants to heard us “sheeps” into equity. Then the operators will follow us there. Then SEBI will capitalise on this opportunity and make SLB mandatory ! I think this is the plan. In other markets there is “mini” futures for retailers.

1 Like