Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Hi…just curious but how does sebi make profit by being a govt entity?

1 Like

@p699 OMG. I can’t believe it. Hahaha :joy::joy::joy: Awesome :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Well, that depends on the judge now isn’t it?

if he gets convinced , more power to you people.

But why are you vehemently arguing with me? you can choose to ignore my opinions.

Yeah I know it’s just babudom at its peak right now …no one is worried about what repercussions it will have in market liquidity volume etc …but nithin told that brokers community are trying to make them understand.

1 Like

SLB is the target …you’re right on :+1:

1 Like

SEBI is well aware about mkt liquidity and volume. They will never hurt their business. Believe me they will do even more business after this. Because active retail derivative traders constitute hardly 4.5 to 5% around. The only bad thing is… they should not hurt retail traders in the process by implementing this weird law.

1 Like

Retail Traders constitute at least HALF of everyday contracts traded. They are not a small group. They are the largest alongside FII.

1 Like

Does this guy know ANYTHING about stock market? Name is trader dude and advises others not to trade! Hard to believe he’s not a troll.

He is the gospel minister of our forum. Look at old threads. He has a burning desire to give sermons everywhere.

By grace of god, I too got one from him :joy:

1 Like

If the discourse here gets out of hand with inane comments, off handed remarks, profanity and personal attacks, I’ll have to unlist the topic and close. Please keep the conversations clean.

Yes and just because retail traders are few in number so they are forcefully imposing rules which they feel is good for themselves at the cost of retailers …bad situation …but there must be some way to convince sebi to think and act a little more logically and not to hurt retailers in this process

1 Like

@Vandana1 @AkashKB Today retailers traded 24000 contracts. While FIIs traded 11966 contracts. Retailers ARE big, but the problem is they are fragmented. They dont act as one group with deep pockets. Because they are fragmented it is easy to herd/mould them.

3 Likes

Very true … but silently tolerating and allowing them to curb our learning and opportunities is also not a solution … let’s try our best

1 Like

:joy_cat::joy_cat:

@Deekshith

Apparently , i know more than you.

Well, i m glad of i was able to help you.

Plan is simple:
1.Reduce 15:1 ratio by directing retailers into SLB
2.Allow markets to be traded till 11:55pm so that foreign investors could do bets. Compensating retail investors’ limitations with inclusion of foreign players.
3.Reduce fluctuations by allowing trades for 14-15 hours a day which spreads the volatility
4.Shield people against taking wild bets

SEBI didn’t plan these over night and making some random announcements. They are implementing it step by step which means they are clear in their thoughts.

Corelation with demonetization:
Initially people were made to open bank accounts and then came demonetization. We were able to connect the dots only on November 8,2016.

Lets wait n watch every dots SEBI has been placing now.

2 Likes

Dont talke wid tradervwala jo banda he…
He must ve lost HUGE money in past
so let respectbhis emotionss
And allow him to get free frm his frustration…
Let him do whatbhe wnts to doo…
Dnt reply him guyzzzz

6 Likes

Indeed it is quite apparent to all of us, seeing some of your whimsical posts :joy:

@Deekshith

Well, thank you for acknowledging that i know more than you about stock markets.

Its very hard for people to admit the truth.

Good for you.