Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

My sweet advice would be lets wait n watch what SEBI has to say in the coming days.

Those who are making money in trading are making more money. There s actually no point in these discussions where we might start hating each other. Im signing off.

lazzeee govt employees … can only make brainless decisions

2 Likes

To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives)upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time. For exposure beyond the computed exposure, the intermediary would be required to undertake rigorous due diligence and take appropriate documentation from the investor.

https://www.sebi.gov.in/media/press-releases/mar-2018/sebi-board-meeting_38473.html

3 Likes

Can we get the links of other important board meetings too …just to gain knowledge about their plan and agenda

It’s not that nothing can be done … we are living in a democratic country which is ruled by the constitution … if a rule making agency becomes autocratic or too powerful and starts ignoring the benefit of the common people then guidance can be taken from the constitution of India which has clearly given freedom to participate in a business if it is legal. No agency has the right to discriminate against common man and pit him against big corporate aiding in concentration of wealth only in the hands of a few corporate only.
Hence if derivatives trading was started in Indian market with a view to protect or hedge a small investors investments then he cannot be disallowed to trade in derivatives while giving a free hand to FI, DII, HNI to do trading and manipulating the prices …because this way the common man gets stuck with his trades and investments and I’m sure the courts have the brains to understand that in what all ways manipulating can harm a common investor …so better to let the courts decide whether such decision is in favour of common people or capitalists and let court make rules. As it is, it has become doubtful whether sebi is working for benefit of common man or the big corporate and capitalists.

5 Likes

Its really interesting that SEBI is targeting retail investor participation in Equity while they are not talking about Mutual funds Investing. For all the qualifications Mutual fund managers have, how many have them have delivered year on year?. So can SEBI say to any Mutual funds that if you lose money, you are banned from market? after all they are taking retailers money and losing it too. For SEBI, its seems like, it is ok for someone like MF to lose retailers money but retailer cannot lose his own money!?..
I guess there is a corporate nexus in this decision because if retailer is not directly allowed to participate in Equity , he has to use instruments like Mutual funds.

8 Likes

Not a single country in this world implemented such steps to curb retailers participation in market. In future, SEBI might say, Retailers not allowed to invest or trade anywhere in the market. :rofl:

4 Likes

i agree on this point. I believe this will perhaps be profitable for mutual funds as mutual funds will be the only route left for retail investors to invest

2 Likes

These issues though need to be taken to a bigger social network platform

1 Like

Anything can happen if one agency is given too much power and people do not question it’s rules.

2 Likes

@mac76 @SureshG @vipul_rathaur @AkashKB @Anup_2018 @Deekshith and others

4 Likes

Everyone will have to contribute in the link sharing process … I have already done

a cap on the small investor could very well mean a loss of liquidity from the markets. NSE data shows that nearly 50 percent of trading volumes in equity and 40 percent in derivatives comes from non-institutional investors, the segment that SEBI wants to target. Moreover, lower trading volumes could lead to a loss in revenue for the government.

2 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: so rightly stated … someone please tell sebi that retail traders are adults and are capable of understanding their good and bad themselves … my parents have not monitored me so strictly like sebi is doing … on top it’s snatching all the lucrative devices from retailers and handing them to big players … so what is the reason left for people to trust sebi’s rule making and monitoring capability any more

1 Like

Indian economy depends on business and every business requird capital. Where that money came from you will say bank loan. But in bank loan there high risk of paying back their loan money if they failed to their business. Thats why all businessman prefers stock market where maximum risk is taken by stock trader and investor.Because they do not want take loan from bank. Now you may ask so investor provide wealth help to business to grow. Then What is importance of retail trader. Retail trader provide liquidity to stock. Liquidity? Is it very important you may say. Go in zerodha or any broker who provide stock chart. Search for stock whom price is around 10, 20 see the difference in these stock nifty 100. And also look mark depth of these stock and you may will get your answer. :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think they are planning to compensate this loss by allowing foreign investors to trade by increasing the trading timings till 11:55

1 Like

Opinion | SEBI’s proposal to link stock investments to income is apartheid
Some valid points…

> It is nothing short of apartheid, a system of institutionalized segregation.

> why should a person with a small capital not be allowed to trade to his maximum potential

> Why should he be judged on his economic status?

> if a participant is willing to take the risk and is good for the loss that he will incur, why should the regulator have a problem?

> Dabba trading risks would be far greater.

> 50 percent of trading volumes,40 percent in derivatives comes from retail traders=loss for Exchange and govt

I will paste these points on other social media plat forms. Others also please do so…

4 Likes

Sure :+1: will do

SEBI is slowly slowly killing the market with all its non sense utterly stupid rules that does no good to the people of the country. A market is a free place for anyone with interest to participate. Its not a VIP only pass area where only the elite can participate. No. Most definitely not. The market was created so that anyone who wants to participate can do so with least amount of harassment.

Instead of encouraging and educating the masses in the right manner this SEBI is only damaging the whole system. And besides any a rightful citizen of India has every right to participate in the capital market and he/she may select the margin product accordingly.

And the current margin is also much less than what it was before. Before it was like 50x or something now its 20x - 25x what more do you want SEBI ??

Any more tampering with the current margin limit will damage the system further creating mass frustration and disappointment among the people.

4 Likes

What is more interesting is that everywhere, i look ,every forum, chat , even reputable and popular websites like moneycontrol , no one supports SEBI. On the other hand many are getting depressed, sad, and downright angry .Yet this SEBI very arrogantly very adamantly doing all its rubbish drama in the name of the good of people.

SEBI you are doing no good. Please open your eyes and see for real. No other markets in the whole wide world have any such stupid rules and restriction that this SEBI has done in a couple of years. What good have this done aye ???

Still people are losing money. Of course they will lose money if they do the wrong thing. There is nothing fascinating about it. But this doesn’t mean that the whole retail participation have to be crippled and restricted and made inaccessible. Who even does this stuff. What evil brain does such idea comes from even.

What the SEBI should have done long ago is really facilitating and encouraging proper trading and investing education across the board all over the country. Instead they have gone the opposite route.

1 Like