Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

This is a very draconian move by sebi intended to limit participation of retail traders in derivatives segment. It will give more power in the hands of few already powerful corporates and capitalists and increase the rich poor divide even more because common man is being denied opportunity to trade and invest his own money by sebi by creating barriers and hurdles …this should be strongly opposed on media platforms and courts

1 Like

It’s like confiscating everyone’s driving licences because a few people drive vehicles in a rash and rough way leading to accidents.

What is this logic

2 Likes

Exactly. In the end is the same story all over again. The common man who worked so hard to educate himself and trade for a living will suffer. While the rich corporate will have exotic party and what not in their multi billion dollar skyscraper.

1 Like

I think we all must post our views on sebi website and create a pressure group there

1 Like

No logic my friend. No logic at all. Some rich fools have the power and they are blatantly misusing it in the name of the good of the people.

1 Like

Its about time we do this. Promptly.

1 Like

Try using this link for the purpose …I too am trying

So how do we proceed with this. Should we post a complaint individually. Or as a whole group.

Whole lot of people should post a complaint it think. Please make a separate post for this SEBI complaint link and pin it so that everybody can see it right away.

1 Like

Wah wah :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: Dum hai ish logic main. We are lucky that you are @Vandana1 leading this great movement for retail traders. In case the matter will go to SC then we will chose you to fight the case in the court. Because you are the right person who knows in and out about the matter :+1:

2 Likes

Haha …thanks Akash :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

1 Like

Everyone should write a separate grievance and make them liable to answer

Whole mass of retailer traders along with brokers should file this complaint in a systematic manner showing that all these rules is hurting everyone. Brokers support is very much needed because they are the persons who get a chance to interact directly with exchange officials.

1 Like

Right …please post on quora, twitter, telegram, facebook, instagram or any other media sources you find

1 Like

How about making a mass complaint signed by all retail traders in Zerodha. Like someone writes an official grievance listing all the points and how they are detrimental to a healthy capital market system, how these rules are really affecting the retailers while doing no good on the other hand. And then everyone signs it and then this whole grievance should be filed at that SEBI website.

1 Like

Good idea to write a mass grievance too on sebi website

2 Likes

SEBI k against SEBI ko complaint kaise karoge???
Its like aapke ghar par aakar aapko kehna u r bad…
Need to do somethin else…

1 Like

You are right …that’s what I’ve been thinking … broker has already calculated and collected span + exposure margin from the trading member to cover his risk …on top of that if margin money becomes less due to a wrong trade decision immediately broker team starts calling member to deposit more margin otherwise the position is squared off by broker …so with so many safeguards already by broker why is sebi acting like a helicopter parent now :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Right …but it’s a procedure to inform the agency first of all about any grievance and give it opportunity to deal with it … only after it refuses to give satisfactory solution it is practical to approach higher authorities

Moreover if I don’t feel comfortable sharing my income and net worth details with a private broker then how can sebi force this on me?

I am already sharing my income details with government and IT department where it’s my duty and I feel my details will remain secure …so why is sebi insisting all small traders to share their income details with private agencies and brokers while no such rule is there for big players to share their details

If sebi succeeds in this outlandish move . Dabba trading will be growing in a friction of time retail people won’t have any other way :triumph::triumph::sob::sob:

1 Like