SEBI's consultation paper on F&O trading

I remember the times, we were rooting for daily expiries. :hugs:

2 Likes

Futures are not going away.

Also it makes sense for one exchange to pick nifty/sensex and other to pick Bank Nifty/Bankex - esp from BSE point of view to get more volume on non expiry days. But lets see what happens.

Not entirely true. BankNifty has been super volatile lately… Intraday +1% and -1% moves, sometimes within same hour, then ending flattish.

1 Like

which is normal for a stock market, especially when trading at high + a result month. we just had back to back banking results and another big bank result is due. just look at how american market moves on result, index alone there moves 2+%, we dont even move with half that Volatility. idk why many people including regulators thinks stock market is smooth and stable ride.

2 Likes

Our markets havent moved like that before. BN has not regularly moved so fast (and then back) so frequently. There have been massive movements in minutes and then quick retracements. I not only Algo trade BN, but also track 1 min and 15 min movements in BN, things are off the charts currently in July.

1 Like

Dunno about very short term moves.

But earlier we used to have sudden falls in afternoon - sharp ones. Not so much these days and i think overall longer term volatility has probably gone down.

But not looking at numbers so maybe i am wrong. Indices seem to be very boring for quite some time.

Please check July BN 15 min chart

here is the reason, charts/tech analysis/ algos cant predict peoples decision, one groups is in big sell mode and other group in big buy mode everyday. hence the tug war and ending flat.

Okay. Well it coincided with my 1st real negative month in almost 2 years, plus the data seemed very different in BankNifty. And I only trade BankNifty. And mainly sell CTMs. OTM guys btw are having it very good in BN.

3 Likes

yeah bit of a spike down and quick reversal. Dunno about these, have not tested. Would get tough if it happens too often. I get hit more due to moves like Jul 29.

overall movement, esp intraday, has become very boring. Maybe due to what Joe says.

And it will change, and ta guys with edge will be there not overthinking. We don’t make money everyday - not possible. But it works out.

also no managers buys stocks manually. they set their bot to deploy a basket order when index hit certain point, which is the reason for spike after a fall most of time.

I also think there’s been an influx of HFT lately

i beleive its going to be like this from now on, mainly because of how SIP keeps going up everymonth. SIP’s are long term commitment and its keeps going higher which means people’s income going up and more people coming into SIP. also people are finally understanding bank deposits wont even beat inflation so their money parked in deposit will only go down in value.

Yes, the SIP curve is increasing from what was a low base. Only a recession can tame that curve.

Well this is not the way to stop it. Its like saying some restaurants serve bad contaminated food that will make people sick so you put a ban on eating food.

Because of an influx of retail traders the “big players” are not able to control the market. With Rummy etc. The ownders are the big players. Govt only steps in when Big players are losing. And these Big players have a big lobby. This Lobby had lobbied with the govt convincing them this step will save retailers from losses or losing their entire fortune. Otherwise this govt would not actually do something that is straight up bad for its voters.
BTW why is everyone saying move to dubai. Are you able to trade from there without restriction.

5 Likes

Yes sure individuals with 1 lakh capital are ruining the game of big players. “Mann behlane ko gaalib khyaal acha h”. No one needs 5 expiry a week for hedging purpose. It is pure speculation in and out. And gaming app taxes are 30% flat with no setting off losses, so we should not compare that to this business. Not all food is bad but if 90% of food comes bad out of a restaurant i am sure as hell never eating there unless i am the chef.

This is totalarian. An infringement of Civil rights. Our government does not give welfare in a country like Canada maybe they can argue for a case like this saying that if citizens lose everything they become unemployed then they will take welfare from govt to save the tax payers money they can argue(but they can’t implement it for sure as it is a violation of rights)
In India no way they can do this anyone suggesting this is a fascist. People will earn I know a guy who had only 10K as starting capital. He was working at a paan shop. He did not even have a bed or bedding to sleep at his house. He did this one course in options trading that uses data and slowly very slowly did options trading now his networth is 10 lakhs only because he is still playing it safe. He could have increased his lots size by 10x and become a crorepati. But he is just following all the rules.
Just for the stupidity of the vast majority you cannot take away opportunity from such people.
People posting the losses are just influencers. They are now posting losses to just show off oh see I even post losses.
Unless they share the link of verified PnL don’t even trust any screenshot.
Also there is a scam going on. Some expert traders rather a group of traders sit together and trade in other people accounts. And these are girls accounts and these girls show it as their PL and then make you join courses.
See its very simple a person making money is never going to be posting their P and L on Instagram

5 Likes

that’s true no country has daily expiry of index like india. Even US has only 2 to 3 etf’s has daily expiry and the rest (99%) weekly expiry is on friday https://www.cboe.com/available_weeklys/

1 Like

YES, i am trading iron condor more than 3 years in USA, rules are not changing there, 10 years before they bring NetWorth requirement in option trading, now itself they are following the same criteria,

and all contracts are highly liquid in US market, even in 2027 option also highly liquid
but in India nifty does in have volume in next month - this is the situation

in USA ELM only they are collecting - not exposure marginn there , they dont have any problem option market is growing ,
in india every day bla bla bla from SEBI - immediately they are removing 1000 + stocks from colleterial - these all the things are making trader life difficult .

here SEBI is not allowing to trade in equity, how the volume will pick up, then NSE will remove all stock from colleterial list …

2 Likes