Sell covered calls easily without pledging and cash margin requirement (like Robinhood)

I have a Robinhood account which makes it so easy to sell covered call options. Buy 100 shares of any stock and sell 1 call option against it - there is extra no pledging step or margin requirement - the 100 shares are automatically pledged and serve as the margin.

Which broker in India allows the easiest way to sell covered call, preferably, without the pledging step?

No broker. AFAIK exchange and clearing house doesn’t allow this

Thanks @sameer_ranjan.

Which broker has the cheapest and easiest process for selling covered calls? Can pledging and getting margin happen instantly? Which broker has free pledging?

I can’t tell about all brokers. I use zerodha and upstox and both charges some meagre amount approx rs 20-30 for pledging. You get the margin within 10 minutes if authentication happens at CDSL swiftly

1 Like

Thanks @sameer_ranjan.

With zerodha, are you sure the margin is obtained within 10 minutes? I thought the margin is obtained next day if request is placed before 5pm. From What is pledging, and how does it work? :

“Pledge requests are processed at 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM on days when the equity market is open”

1 Like

Didn’t place any pledge request recently on zerodha. A couple of month back, I pledged and got margin next day.

However this week, I pledged some share on upstox and received the margin within 10 minutes.

Thanks a lot, @sameer_ranjan !

Which broker will give margin on the same day itself by pledging shares? Which broker charges no fees for pledging?