Selling Mutual funds in Coin

I buy Mutual funds as lump sum on various time interval, Now I want to sell the units that i bought 1 year ago to qualify under Long Term capital gains. How can I sell based on purchase date ?

When you sell, you need to consider FIFO (First in first out) when declaring taxes. So what was bought first needs to be considered as sold first.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

One more query I have invested in around 50 MFs via coin , is there a way to sort all my MFs by Purchase date ?

@faisr possible?

as of now , i only see the above options

The problem is I need to click on each MF to expand and see the purchase dates and its really takes them went the MF count increases

Thanks
Muthu

Currently, there is no way you can sort the allotment as per the date. We have provided the option to check each transaction only once you click on the particular fund in the portfolio (as per the screenshot you have sent). But, will definitely check with our team if we can implement this feature on the platform.

1 Like

I am new here and wanted know that is there any time limit on mutual fund for selling or I can sell anytime?