Selling of Shares in case of Delivery of an Unsound Company

If I have 1000 Shares of any company & the market conditions of that company is not good & i am going to sell those shares & everyone in the market knows that company is not sound, then why would anyone wants to purchase these Shares as the co. is not sound…

My question is if there is NO buyer in the market of a particular co. How can an existing holder of a company go Short or sell his shares and Exit.

Generally, in a case when the market has highly negative view on a company, it might be possible that you will not find buyers to sell out your shares and will get stuck with that. But there might also be possibility that there is a buyer who has a different outlook on the company and would choose to go long.

Example of company hitting lower circuit everyday due to lack of buyers
It is highly unlikely that a company which is unsound will be allowed for Short Selling, it might be moved to Trade- to- Trade category, learn more about T2T categories here. Even if Short Selling is allowed, it is highly unlikely that you’ll find a buyer.

1 Like

Every problem is an opportunity for some. Even death spiral of unsound companies. Look wht an immigrant from Israel did in wall street. He made millions

1 Like