Selling Pledged stock at Zerodha

Hi,

Can I sell the pledged stock without unpledging it?

Also in this case pledged collateral margin is not utilized? At that time can I sell without unpledging process?

@ShubhS9 @siva

2 Likes

You will have to unpledge the stock before selling,

1 Like

Thank you.

One more quick query Why the Pledge stock not shown on the KITE Holding page. Because of that, we are unable to see the live value of the pledged stock investment.

When you have pledged the stock, you cannot sell it before pledging, that is why it is not shown in Kite Holdings.

Though not live, but you can see value of your stock based on previous days close in Holdings on Console.

@nithin
It was feature of new pledge system, Facility to sell pledged stocks: This is a feature we’re working on making available, allowing you to sell pledged stocks without having to request for unpledge and wait until they are received to your demat account. With the new pledge system it becomes much easier to deploy this. This covers the risk from market movements in the stocks you’ve pledged.

But its not introduced

Process is still same that we have to wait for one day before we can sell (I mean unpledge today and it will available to sell only next business day?)

Yes, if you place unpledge request before cutoff time, the shares will be available for trading the next day. More details here.

@ShubhS9

When will zerodha offer us to sell pledged shares? Or let us instantly unpledge and sell ?

When will zerodha allow to sell pledged shares without having to unpledge it. It was in plan IIRC @siva @nithin

It’s funny 5paisa official account is answering in zerodha forum and telling it is possible in 5 paisa.

We are on it, due to current covid situation and many recent regulatory changes priorities are changed. Also due to this bull run many retailers are joining the markets and thus we are giving more preference on making our systems and processes more stable than adding new features, so this took more time, said that we are already testing it internally.

Anyone can participate here provided they are not breaking forum guidelines.

1 Like

Open forum, it means other brokerage house do that zerodha can use same method and technology, good to be informed

Brother @siva

When will selling pledged share be possible in zeordha ???

It is long over due now but no confirm date yet?

Working on this, current priority is on to allow interoperability, once it is done we can offer this.

1 Like

@siva
What is interoperability?

How much longer will the above issue take ?

Would really like to instantly unpledge and sell instead of waiting overnight

It’s time zerodha offers the selling feature before unpledging. All brokers offer the same.

2 Likes

@nithin I saw somewhere you mentioned about that you are working on this feature. I would like to know the status of this feature (sell pledged stocks/funds directly). Since, market reached to a stage where most of the trader/investor feel to churn their portfolios. It’s time to have this feature in real time. Current process of unpledge and sell stock/funds is frustrating one. Not looking to change the brokerage platform unless I don’t see this feature in near term (Honest feedback). However, Due to lack of this feature, I feel to miss out the opportunities.

When you deploy feature for selling pledged stocks without unpledging then will it be available directly to general users or will you run any beta testing before relesing for everyone?

If yes on beta testing then how can anyone apply for it?

Can’t wait for this feature.

My dear @siva

What is the update on this new feature launch ? desperately waiting.

Kindly let us know

We’re working on it. Will keep you posted on it.

its been more than a year that you ar working on this and causing inconvenience to lacs of your customers .