SGB Certificate Name without space

The SGBs are created. You can check it in Console holdings under ISIN: IN0020230093

It will show in your Kite holdings once listed on the exchanges. Listing date is not known yet.

Hi i got the SGB certificate today from RBI on email and there are no Nominee Details present where as these should be taken from my demat account is this a bug?

Also anyone else having there FirstName MiddleName and LastName squished together without space problem on the certificate name?

1 Like

any updates on the cramped name issue??

@Harish_Sharma Do you have same issue with your name cramped ?

yes, and the same cramped issue with my brother.

Yes, I do have the same issue. My first name and last name do not have spaces in between as displayed in the SGB certificate.

Kindly look into it

@Harsh_Bangari & @Harish_Sharma can you also check your Nomination details, mine are missing they should be ideally copied from demat account details…
Nominations are important as these are long term assets

As per RBI they donot have front desk for this, Zerodha should be servicing(operational updates) to these certificates… as you guys are doing data entry into their backend system E-Kuber… @Chirag1 please look into this
https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scripts/Notification.aspx?Id=2190

Empty nomination details for the current issue(Sept) and same for issued on SCBJUNE31.

In my opinion this should be filled up with the demat account nominees as SGB is an asset & can stand on its own if non- dematerialised @ShubhS9 ?

Yes nominee details are also missing

The error stands same in the previous certificate. Is it something I should be worried about and if yes, then how to make the correction?

RBI doesn’t fetch the nominee details from us. Since the SGBs are held in your demat account, the nominees added to your demat account will be applicable. RBI adds nominee details to the certificate only where investment in SGBs isn’t done through a demat account.

1 Like

What about the cramped name problem, RBI doesnt have any front office for that as mentioned before since you guys are making our entry into their system you have to take this up with them… Please intimate them about this issue and get this to be fixed.

Same issue first and last name are shown together

Hi @ShubhS9

I applied for SGB 2023-24 II through Net banking and received a discount of ₹50.
What should be my buy average in Demat holdings, is it ₹5,923 or ₹ 5,873 (5923-50)?

The average price will be Rs. 5873.

For the cramped name problem this is the reply i got from RBI:

TLDR; Raise a complaint with your RO given in the link they should help us reach out to the initial level, if they don’t respond within a month then climb the escalation matrix finally reaching to SGB depart of RBI via the email.

https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/content/docs/NodalOfficersofROs09092021.xlsx

I really hope these error’s are not from Zerodha side else these all complaints will blow up in their face.

RBI Reply:
Madam/Sir,

In terms of paragraph-18 of the Procedural Guidelines of Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme, the nodal officer(s) of the Receiving offices (ROs) and their escalation matrix act as first and second resort respectively for handling complaints from the investors. The links to guidelines and accessing contact details of nodal officers of the ROs are given below:

For procedural guidelines on SGBs::

https://rbi.org.in/scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Mode=0&Id=12181

For contact details of nodal officers:

https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/content/docs/NodalOfficersofROs09092021.xlsx

2. The investors can approach Reserve Bank of India at [email protected] if the reply from the respective ROs is not received within a period of one month from the date of lodging the complaint or the investor is not satisfied with the response of the RO.

3. You are requested to contact the RO concerned.

4. As the proof of approaching the RO concerned is not furnished, your complaint made in the trailing email is closed.

सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks and regards,

एस.जी.बी.टीम | SGB Team

लोक ऋण कार्यालय | Public Debt Office
भारतीय रिज़र्व बैंक | Reserve Bank of India
मुंबई क्षेत्रीय कार्यालय | Mumbai Regional Office
फोर्ट, मुंबई 400 001 | Fort, Mumbai 400 001

P.S: I too have raised a complaint but still no response.

@ShubhS9 @Chirag1 No sure if you guys are from Zerodha Team, and if you are can you help with whom does the responsibility lie for making E-Kuber entries Zerodha, PDO, CDSL or anyone else?

The reason i ask is cause i have a case running with RBI PDO, NSE and E-Kuber team they all are pointing to the fact that the entries in the E-Kuber system are faulty…

Any help on this will be appreciated…

Thanks

Hi @pyarlath, we’ll bring this to the attention of RBI.

@Neelesh can you check please.