SGB Certificate Name without space

The Certificate that is issued for SGB has First Name, Middle Name & Last Name all cramped together without space, though spelling is correct they are just squished together without space is this ok since its long term? and is this error from Zerodha side or some software at RBI side? I suspect the later…

1 Like

@ShubhS9 this one is concerning
kindly check, thanks.

Hi @pyarlath, @Chirag1, checking this with the team. Will get back to you on this.

Also what is the rough estimate time taken for the SGB to show in holding section of Kite?.. (this was last series which was bought)

SGBs will show in your Kite holdings once listed on the exchanges. Generally it takes 15 days form the issue closing date.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fastest reply :slight_smile: , also i assume Nomination on SGB is applied directly by demat account nominee and we don’t have to take any extra step for nomination which will ideally flow from kite account nomination correct ? and any status/update on the name with space check ?

I also got mail but can’t open it pc doesn’t detect the file format

Yep, the same nominees that you have added to your demat account are applicable. You don’t have to do anything else.

Will get back to you on it.

1 Like

download that file and rename it as .pdf it will work
otherwise, you can right-click on the file and select open with google chrome.

Hi @pyarlath, this from the RBIs side. You can raise a issue with RBI regarding this, they might fix it.

Is this for many or just a few? and how do i raise this issue at rbi do you have any link where to raise it?

[email protected]

Where did you get that from?

@ShubhS9 It would be good if broker can help us resolve this issue as I donot have any direct connect or communication channel with RBI since zerodha is playing proxy in between and i am not sure if they will even listen to my single query…

https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scripts/FAQs.aspx?Id=1658

RBI SGB FAQs (point 37.)

1 Like

Quick question: Once the certificate is credited to your demat account how much time does it take to show up on kite holdings section?

SGBs will show in your holdings on Kite once listed on the exchanges. The listing date is not known yet, should happen in the coming days.

approximately after how many days of listing will pledging be available for this particular issue? (2023-24 Tranche II)?

Still not showing in demat account

The list of pledging is updated by Clearing Corporation at the end of each month. If SGB lists before their update, it should get added, if not, then in the next month.