SGB upcoming issue

Hi,
Is there any way to find out upcoming sovereign gold bond issue by govt( date of the issue) I tried to search in rbi website . couldn’t find any notification.

Not announced yet. Many people are waiting. The prices in the secondary markets aren’t exciting too…

Hi
Are you saying that for gold bonds its better to buy it when a nfo is issued? I always thought buying gold bonds from secondary market reflected the present price of gold with a slight difference. I never knew that nfo price for gold bond would be lower than secondary market. Please clarify. I do understand that for normal bonds the market price has an impact on current interest rate. But for gold bond is the nfo price lower?

1 Like

Hey Santhosh7, All the upcoming SGB issues will be updated https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_SwarnaBharat.aspx by the RBI.

@neha1101 it depends. Yesterday the ibjarates showed gold price at 4750 while secondary market showed rates at 4740 level, slightly cheaper. But when RBI releases a tranche, they give 50 INR discount on the ibjarates price…

Thanks Harsha reddy.