SGX Nifty to be suspended from June 30, 2023

"Full-scale operation of the NSE IFSC-SGX Connect (Connect) with the transition of SGX Nifty derivatives to NSE IFSC will take place on 3 July 2023. Following the transition, all US dollar denominated Nifty derivatives contracts will be exclusively traded on NSE IFSC,” a notice on the SGX Nifty Derivatives said Monday.

1 Like

if its true, then god has answered my prayers :pray:

How does it affect Indians. They are not allowed to trade it.

1 Like

2 possible outcomes expected

1. nifty futures will trade till 11pm and we can participate in it

2. sgx nifty shutting down means we get the same opportunity as institutions for position hedging.

equality shall prevail

I think this will just replace sgx nifty and leave Nifty futures as is.

Initially it may be restricted to institutions and Retailers may not be allowed to trade in it. Only difference that it will be traded in Indian territory and will remain shut on Indian holidays unlike now when our market is closed on holiday but SGX is open.

As far as I know , SGX connect will replace SGX nifty .

There will not be any connection with nifty futures . SGX connect will trade 24*7 same like SGX Nifty but in Ahmedabad .

They mentioned that all the existing trades will be moved to SGX connect so except the territory there will not be any major change . ( of course Tax structure will differ and they have to pay tax in india instead of singapore )

2 Likes

Bye bye SGX nifty :wave:

Eager to see the latest developments

How to add GIFT Nifty in TradingView watch list? Whats the name? How to track it from other sources? Can i track it from Kite?

1 Like

Is gift nifty started trading? im unable to find that index on any channel.

1 Like

These are the tickers of GIFT Nifty

2 Likes

I wanted to express my appreciation for this valuable information you shared on this forum.

1 Like

Welcome!

Please note, while the ticker name is still the same “NIFTY1!” From the exchange NSEIX, they have updated the the description name to GIFT NIFTY today.

2 Likes