Shares Sold First & Bough Back CNC/Intra day conflict

I sold 5 shares of NAVINFLOURINE first in the morning (bought many days ago) when it touch the day’s HIGH and then I bought back 3 shares after that at lunch time when it was near’s day low (both CNC). Check the screenshot for my positions of mine today(I deal in CNC only, no intraday, no F&O).

Zerodha in Positions reports ‘2 shares’ trade.

Check the screenshot of Positions here https://serving.photos.photobox.com/08987614191f307b6fb0c79cb475892c421f1c51f3bc84103882f16d91b5a7c8b0c37784.jpg

Why? was it considered intra day? I would like to charges under this?

Here is the ticket - Kite - Zerodha's fast and elegant flagship trading platform
Please note that whatever trades you take during the day will show under the positions column. If you sold your holding or placed cnc sell order for stock in demat, the system will show as “sold holding” in position. But let’s say you sold and same quantity was purchased back the same day, then it will be considered as intraday and holding will remain as it is. 5 NAVINFLUOR was sold yesterday and then 3 were bought back. So 3 stocks were traded intraday whereas 2 stocks were sold from your holding.

You may check charges for both intraday and delivery-based trades.

Irrespective of the product type you use, CNC or MIS. If you sell shares from holdings and buy back on the same day, it will be considered an intraday trade and brokerage will be charged as per intraday. Explained in detail here.

Thanks for reply Shubh,

That’s very unethical/illogical because CNC shares were bought long back and the new ones which I bought will be sold some other day. How can this be Intra day. SEBI has to do something in this case.