Should you apply to the IPO of SBI Cards?

This link has all the instructions to apply for IPO.
https://support.zerodha.com/category/q-backoffice/ipo/articles/how-to-apply-for-ipos-and-how-to-stay-informed-of-new-ones

1 Like

Hi All,

I have a Demat account with SBI, Is it possible to apply for SBI card IPO from an NRE account(its SBI NRE account) against my SBI demat account id?(NRE account belongs to my sis).

Thanks in advance.

Looking at the ongoing global market meltdown. Can the ipo issue be postponed? Like till investor appetite for risk gets back on track.

The issuing company along with its merchant bankers can take that call if they see adequate cause for concern.

1 Like

Hi Sir,

1. How will be the allotment happen in share holders category if it is over subscribed even on application wise? Will it be similar like retail category and lucky draw based?

2)Can i apply in employee category using zerodha? what extra information i should provide to apply as employee?

Thanks

Why is that I can apply for any one category through Zerodha?

And another question - if I have SBI Bank shares in 1 DP say zerodha long before 18th feb , can I apply for SH category through any other DP? Will if work? Please guide.

1. The allotment will be similar to the HNI allotment - pro rata basis.
  2. No, you will not be able to apply in the employee category through Zerodha. This category is not supported by the UPI IPO process.
  1. We are able to support only one active application through our portal. Since you cannot make multiple applications through our portal for an IPO, you will only be able to apply in any one category.

2. If you have shares of SBI in any DP as on Feb 18th, the RTA will mark your PAN as eligible to apply in the Shareholder category. You will be able to apply through any broking/bank intermediary supporting IPO applications.

Note - RTA or Registrar and Transfer Agent is an intermediary that maintains a register of all the shareholders of a company as on a given date

Regarding #2, so as it pro rata basis, to understand in details, the one who apply maximum , say 2 lakhs rs worth will get maximum shares and the one who applied for 1 lot will be getting few shares (less than 19 (1 lot) … Am i correct ?

It will be great if you can bring it as different cases and how allotment will be done.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

@mohitmehra,

1. Pro rata basis on number of shares or number of lots?
  2. If i apply 1 lot in Share holder category, can I get confirmed shares on pro rata basis? That is less than or equal to lot size of 19?

Currently I do not hold any shares of SBI in my DEMAT account. Can I still apply for SBI Cards IPO in Retail Category ??

Thanks in advance

1. Pro rata basis on the number of lots (since the application is in lots). However, even though it is rare, its possible to get allotment in sub-multiples of a lot.
  2. The RTA will issue a basis of allotment after 4 or 5 days of issue closure. One will be able to check if anyone received allotment of less than the lot size. However, generally, there is always a minimum allotment that all allottees receive which should be atleast 19 shares in this case.
1 Like

I have two accounts, One on Zerodha and one on Sharekhan. Can i apply on both?

It’s highly overvalued. I won’t recommend to apply for it.

Hello,

I am SBI share holder. Please let me know how many lots I can apply max. in each category (shareholder and retail ). Thanks in advance!

how to apply for employee category…UPI allowed or not…

Hi Vinoth, you will be able to apply in both the accounts. Read more.

Hi Subbu, you will be able to for 13 lots (i.e. 13*19 = 247 shares) each in the retail and shareholder categories at cutoff by using the UPI bid process with two different intermediaries. Therefore, 26 lots in total at cut-off.

You can also apply for more than 2 lacs in the Shareholders’ category using netbanking ASBA. However, this will be treated like an HNI application within the Shareholders’ category and you will not be able to apply in the retail category using either UPI or netbanking ASBA.

Hi @mohitmehra ,

1. Let say I invested in a mutual fund which is having SBI in its portfolio, then Im i eligible to apply SBI IPO in share holders category? How do they validate the share holders category?
  2. Whats the max limit of Quantity that one person can apply for IPO.

a. No, the shares are held by your mutual fund AMC. You hold units of the scheme that the AMC has floated. So, you’re not eligible to apply in the shareholders’ category.
b. If you have shares of SBI in any DP as on Feb 18th, the RTA will mark your PAN as eligible to apply in the Shareholder category.

1. You will be able to apply for 13 lots in total at cut-off price. The maximum value of application in the retail category at cut-off would be 13 lots x 19 shares x Rs. 755 per share = Rs. 1,86,485