Should you apply to the IPO of SBI Cards?

Hi Mohit,

I want to apply only in retail shareholder categories with more than 2 Lac ( > 2 Lac). In this case, Can I use Zerodha UPI method ? or Please suggest what is the procedure to make the payment only for retail share holder with more than 2 Lac.

Thanks for your suggestion in Advance!

Regards,
Mei

In the retail investor or share holder category one can only make an application up to Rs. 2 lacs using UPI. In case you want to make an application of more than Rs. 2 lacs under the same PAN, you will have to apply using net banking ASBA. In this case, you’ll be able to apply either in the share holder or the HNI category.

Thank you Mohit.

Hi Mohit,

I don’t find ASBA option in CITI Bank (Linked with Zerodha) . Could you please suggest what will be the alternative option ?

What is maximum quantity I can apply for?

Mohit in economic times app it was showing that sbi shareholders as on 20/02/2020 but you are saying as on 18-02-2020, is their any evidence for your words if their please attach here.

You can check if you have an account with any other bank on this list of ASBA supporting banks on Sebi’s website. Citi is also on the list and you should be able to find an option to make an IPO application similar to the option available on the HDFC bank portal as shown below:

As per the RHP (Red Herring Prospectus) of SBI Cards filed with the Registrar of Companies, you will be eligible to apply in the shareholders’ category if you are holding shares of SBIN in your demat account as on Feb 18th, 2020.

Please check page 9 of the RHP:

The date of the RHP is mentioned on the 1st page:

1 Like

Thank you Mohit!

What is 3 rows when applying. Quantity 1, 2, 3?

After issuing the shares on my name…
Can I sell the shares after 1 month like that…?
Will it be hold for a specific period?

Dear all,

I hold shares of SBI and I am eligible for share holders quota. I want to know that am I entitled to subscribe at the cut off price under share holders category??

Thanks in advance

Hi @mohitmehra,
Am I eligible to apply under share holder category if I didnt purchase shares directly but have them in the form of mutual fund units??

@mohitmehra I have SBI shares in my demat account by some broker say ICICIDirect. I have Zerodha demat too. Can I apply in share holders category thru ASBA (using SBI Net banking) by giving Zerodha demat details so that if alloted will get credited to Zerodha demat ? Is my application gets rejected as I am giving Zerodha instead of ICICIDirect where my SBI shares are held in ?

No, the shares have to be in your name.

1 Like

You can. As long as the shares are in your name in any demat, you can apply in the shareholders’ category through any channel

Came across this article on SBI Cards IPO. Liked his analysis!!

Got allotment of sbi card shares. Don’t know what to expect on listing

Sir, I applied for 2 lots through zerodha & got 1 lot for SBI Cards, but I haven’t received my money for the 2nd lot. Can you plz help me with the process? I am new to this.
Thank you

The bank is supposed to revoke the block in such cases. You should approach your bank and get it released.