Since one can't trade INDIAVIX, is there any other way to trade volatility?

I think volatility is going to go up significantly in the coming days, but can’t say if the market will go up or down. Best strategy would be to go long on VIX, but VIX isnt’ traded.

I’ve tried some option strategies, but time decay eats up the profits.

So is there any other way to trade volatility?

TRY (CALL CALENDAR SPREAD) SELL CURRENT MONTH BUY NEXT MONTH SAME STRIKE BUT DIFFERENT EXPIRE DATEstro text

2 Likes

You can trade India VIX futures. You can check this out-
https://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/India_VIX_Brochure.pdf

But I must warn you, VIX futures are highly leveraged and a few ticks here and there can bring significant profits/losses.

1 Like

Well I tried to, but the quote “INDIA VIX NOV FUT” doesn’t come in the watchlist. I asked it here and somebody told me that you can’t trade as there is no liquidity and hence it doesn’t come in watchlist. Hence the above question.

Do you trade it? How do you get it in watchlist?

No I don’t trade VIX futures. I tried to search indiavix futures on Kite’s search bar and it did show Nov and Dec vix futures, but when I tried to add it to my watch list it kept throwing “Internal server error.”

Hence my question.

India Vix is currently not trading in NSE and that is why you are unable to load it on Kite.

If you can manage the time value of your options, then exercising the right options strategy is an alternate way to trade volatility.