Single stoploss for multiple leg option strategy

I want to know , can we place a stoploss to the multileg option strategy ?

For example…

For a short stangle strategy ,

Bank Nifty 20000CE & Bank Nifty 19000PE …

stop loss RsXX … Not like stoploss to individual legs But stop loss together … So whenever stoploss hit , the whole strategy is exited

Pls help me

Not yet possible on Kite.

1 Like

I think every single transaction is done separately, there is no way to do a bundle of trades as a single trade. If this is not possible, then having a combined stoploss also won’t be possible.

Further, you have put this under category “Algos, strategies, code”. Are you trying to do this via Streak or using Kite APIs and coding yourself?

Even if a combined SL is possible (assume hypothetically), when there is a combined in such strategy, I assume one trade must be giving profit while other giving loss. Then do you really want to exit the entire strategy instead of just booking the loss of the loss making trade?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply… I want to exit the entire strategy…selling put involved strategies are risky especially stock options … Thats why stoploss is important for entire strategy… Especially short strangle or short straddle… Even many back testing sites gives the parameter of stoploss for entire strategy … but when it comes to real trading , its not available… Any way to do it ?

1 Like

Atleast alert to my Mobile is possible ? and then manually i will exit it … Thanks…

Yes, you can use Sentinel for alerts.

1 Like

Just confirming …it is still not possible on kite correct? On desktop version PI - it is possible ?