So I created a petition

SEBI is killing itself. Retail segment will move on where the pastures are green.

1 Like

Where man ?? Where do you find green pastures other than normal equity segment. F/O is too risky with those damn huge lots. Forex is not allowed … Bitcoin is illegal… investing requires a huge corpus… real estate don’t even talk about it… Bonds are junks… lol so the only pasture that is green is normal equity segment which have been providing nice service for generations and generations now…

Thats why its damn evil of SEBI to twist and pervert the normal equity segment by not allowing small traders like us… Where are we to go huh ??? Many people of my age have finished college and pursued trading for living as a career… We don’t have any net worth. After 2 - 3 years of learning about the markets about its many details now its time to actually trade for a living and the best starting point is equity with small positions… And now SEBI is saying that it will damage this most nominal and accessible way for us… Who will listen to our plea ??

1 Like

Where man ?? Where do you find green pastures other than normal equity segment. F/O is too risky with those damn huge lots. Forex is not allowed … Bitcoin is illegal… investing requires a huge corpus… real estate don’t even talk about it… Bonds are junks… lol so the only pasture that is green is normal equity segment which have been providing nice service for generations and generations now…

Thats why its damn evil of SEBI to twist and pervert the normal equity segment by not allowing small traders like us… Where are we to go huh ??? Many people of my age have finished college and pursued trading for living as a career… We don’t have any net worth. After 2 - 3 years of learning about the markets about its many details now its time to actually trade for a living and the best starting point is equity with small positions… And now SEBI is saying that it will damage this most nominal and accessible way for us… Who will listen to our plea ??

1 Like

Mr. Manish, try currency futures. It is a sedate segment but worthwhile. Investment outlay of 25 000 would be enough.

1 Like

Currency futures in my opinion is very lackluster compare to equities. The currency futures is not even near to what the global forex market is. Plus its overlap with equity timings making it not possible to trade both. If NSE currency futures would have been open for longer then it would be definitely a nice place to trade.

@Avi_Garg Thanks for creating the petition. I have signed it. I hope it is addressed to Finance minister as well in addition to SEBI.

SEBI may only ask traders to meet the obligations of providing adequate margins and rules of margin must be uniform across trader/investor categories. SEBI must not dictate what proportion of my funds I deploy to a particular trading/investment avenue. This discretion/freedom must remain with individual as one can only judge the skills one has and not SEBI.

2 Likes