So many holidays in april series

April this year is for traders what december is for IT companies across the world. We’ve got 4 holidays excluding the weekends. nearly 40% of the month is full of holidays.

Plan your trades accordingly

4 Likes

Good for option seller. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Now @t7support will say, when you have a system that gives you the direction, it is buyers month too :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know which is a buyers month. Everyday I am in the market hoping it would be a buyers day :sweat_smile:

If direction is going as per the indication, it is a buyers day and you are reaping :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Yes but I don’t know with 100% certainty whether on a given day the market will pick the direction as indicated.

@t7support any reason why you are not comfortable with selling options. Just curious

That is true.

But when the direction is right, it will be a buyers day :+1:

1. Selling needs more capital than option buying. If we start with small capital and want to exponentially grow the same, option buying is the route to do so.
  2. Sellers take in like ants and put out like elephants. Buyers take in like elephants and and put out like ants. Hence buying chimes well with my positional trend following philosophy where I need to reduce drawdowns and ride the trend as long as it lasts.

Note:- IMO option selling is best done intraday and close to expiry or on expiry day with stops or hedges. I have experimented with this approach lately and hope to deploy from next FY regularly.

1 Like

We have FINNIFTY expiry today as Tomorrow is a holiday

How’s your April going? The shortest trading month in a decade.

Option buyers and sellers?

options premiums are dead !

no volatility, vix @ 12.1

good time to take a holiday it seems !

1 Like

Zero trades taken for option selling. :sweat_smile:

Entered in CASH - BDL & COCHINSHIP for short-term trade. :cow:

1 Like

Going well

+ aaj ka still going on

Nifty is trending higher and higher from 27 Mar. Good for trend followers. Option selling sey daal roti hi milti hey. Option buying se hi kuch bada banta hey.

2 Likes

Perfect time for cash trading

Both put buyers and directional option sellers feeling the pain

1 Like

Kudos :clap::clap:

hope today’s CPI data helps bring back some VIX

1 Like

I think we may see VIX in single digits once before bottoming out for a longer time period

1 Like

VIX can never be in single digit practically as the mutual funds industry would not want less than 10% nifty movement in a 12 month period.

1 Like