Some recommandations/requests

First of all thank you for enabling trading though TOTP. It has helped me a lot. I have some small recommendations/requests that Zerodha should further allow its clients to do so.

1. Enable short-selling in all the intraday available scripts. (Currently short-selling is allowed in some scripts but sometimes they also hit Upper Circuit so shares will go to auction so auction risk is in that shares also)

2. Allow us to trade in Options near expiry, i.e., last 2 days before expiry and on the expiry day itself (Last week during Crude Oil options expiry, I decided to buy 3100CE and 2900PE both for a total of 5-6 points, and on expiry day 2900PE itself was trading above 20. So, when expiry is near, options are cheaply available and you can get good returns).

Thanks again, your team is doing really great.

If it is intraday available scrip means one can short sell right?

There is no free lunch as such, maybe something you might be missing here. On crude we allow trading till 1 day before expiry day, only on expiry day we won’t allow new option positions.

why so?

Because option will devolve to future on next day of expiry(i.e if client has one call long in ITM crude option he will receive one lot of crude future).
If it’s allowed to trade till expiry time, client may initiate the position only by paying premium but it requires future margin for next day. To avoid such risks, on expiry day initiating new option position is blocked.

there was a confusion because you cannot short sell earlier in intraday. Thanks

i think there is option of Do Not Exercise in case of Equity Options. I think there is similar option in Commodity Options as well. Isn’t it?

Yes, it is available only for CTM strikes.

And Also could you please add TTM squeeze Indicator in the studies. And also try to update the desktop app Pi which has so many bugs and interface looks very complex to use and try to break it down into easily accessible user interface. When I selected the volume chart it was not displaying in the chart. Try to fix the bugs and also try to improve the customer support.