Stock picking techniques - Insights from cash flow statements with Karthik Rangappa

Applying own analysis over a Smallcase would defy the purpose of a Smallcase.

@vasanthkamath - your thoughts please?

Thanks for the suggestion. We will try and do this. Good luck and happy investing :slight_smile:

Hi @Karthik,
Thanks for the video. i liked you video. it is very much inside. i want to know how you are looking the cash flow statement when you are looking at any NBFC or bank . because as all of we know they live with take loan from someone and giving to other.

Thanks
Anil kumar Choudhury
Client ID: DA0577

As Iā€™ve mentioned earlier, Iā€™m not too comfortable with CF of banks and NBFCs. So Iā€™ll refrain from commenting :slight_smile:

Hi @Karthik,
i believe CF statement isnā€™t the right way to validate banks or NBFC. is any other way how we can validate bank or NBFC.
Please let me know if you have any inputs :slight_smile:

Thanks
Anil kumar Choudhury
Client ID: DA0577

@Karthik Eagerly waiting for your next session, This is very much helpfulā€¦
Request your session for various Ratios as well ā€¦I have gone through the Varsity docs ,but it would be great if you could do a session on itā€¦

Thanks

Will try and do a session on that soon :slight_smile:

Hi @Karthik thank you for great video. One thing I wanted to ask was how to corelate these cash flows with reserves and surplus in balance sheet. eg. For Reliance their cash flows for last 5 years shows they are heavily investing in business (possibally Jio). Their operational positive cash flows are completely negated by negative investing cash flow. However, over the same 5 years their total reserves and surplus are highly increased. How it is possible if all their earnings are invested back in business?

hi please give me some suggestions on where to find quartelry Earnings per share for any stock.
in short which site has best fundamental data for stocks.

thx

Check this post

Sir the values shown in the slide are not matching the cashflow numbers from the moneycontrol.com.check jp associates and same is the case with tcsā€¦can u pl help, here is the screenshot Screenshot by Lightshot

thanx for ur post @Learner , have learnt a lot by ur valuable posts, u r doing nice hardwork. like pasting and following excel. I am really poor at these things.

Awesome content !! Awesome pace !! and awesome examples !! Video was really awesome. I didnā€™t get so many things in the Fundamental analysis module that I got in the video. Do let me know if you have more videos like this.

@Karthik ā€¦I think Zerodha should also start paid video tutorials

I believe in free education :slight_smile: and here is why we think it should be free - https://zerodha.com/z-connect/queries/stock-and-fo-queries/introducing-varsity

Happy learning!

2 Likes

@Karthik thank you for such a wonderful session.

does this cash flow look decent ?
the share price has continuously decreased over the years.
this company the cash from financial activity is negative from 2011 that means either the company is paying its debt or its giving dividend. But this company has low debt and it has not given dividend from 2011. what does this imply?
thank you.

1 Like

Interesting, Iā€™m sure the answer lies in the scheduled notes. You may want to dig around.

Looking into a cash flow statement and then entering to a trade is reactive!

In India is there any economic news the country govt, statistic institute publish well in advance to understand the India Market for example PMI report in US?

Do the company in India publish any pre-earning information in the market? There is a way to interpret that and to make money. Remember retail folks provides liquidity in the exchange while the trades were well ahead of time being setup and already ready to execute by professional traders working in the investment banks, hedge funds!

1 Like

Check this post out

But the screener is not for Indian stocks.

I HAVE INVESTED 1 LAC RS IN 4 SMALLCAP COMPANIES WHICH R FUNDAMENTALLY STRONG, CF IS GOOD. MY VIEW IS LONG TERM BUT AS NIFTY P/E IS ABOVE 26 ,I AM FEARFUL. IS THERE ANY CORRELATION BETWEEN STOCK PE AND NIFTY PE.IF MARKET STARTED GOING DOWN .I HAVE DECIDED TO HEDGE MY PORTFOLIO WITH PUT OPTIONS. WILL THIS WORK OR MY PORTFOLIO WILL HEAVILY IMPACTED. IF NOT I AM INTENDING TO INVEST ANOTHER 2 T0 3 LAC IN THESE COMPANIES.[quote=ā€œBhuvanesh, post:1, topic:11894, full:trueā€]
Hey Guys,

We had a session by @Karthik on Stock picking techniques - Insights from cash flow statements, If you have any queries for Karthik please post them here and have them answered. You can watch the video and also check out the Varsity module on analyzing a cash flow statement for more.

[/quote]

1 Like