Stocks along with dividend yields

Found this interesting share which has data for stocks along with their dividend yields > 3% p.a.

Source : Capitalline database

3 Likes

Thank you for the list. Personally hold a couple of names from the PSU sector from this list. :smiley:

Good one. The top names are all PSU. I had these names earlier due to dividend yield then over time realized, these companies are wealth destructor when compared to private companies. Exited all of them.

I wonder what happened to Vedanta. The dividend yield of Vedanta is around 17.29 as per money control. Had invested in Vedanta due to super high dividends, but then got royally taken for a ride by the owners when they announced the delisting fiasco. Exited this Co also…

Discl: My personal views and could be wrong.

2 Likes

I think PSU stocks with good dividend yield, which will continue to exist for many more years, provide some stability to the PF, when bought at low prices. And sometimes, something happens out of the blue, and there comes a demand for the businesses of the companies, and the prices go up.

It is all about what we expect from these stocks, and the place we give them in the PF.

ITC has potential optionalities with future demergers, if they happen, along with a good dividend yield.

It’s never advisable to invest in PSU companies as their market price rise very slowly. Almost all of the PSU have been flat in the last 10 years. One can not solely depend on dividends as we have to pay some taxes on it also.

Strange that this does not include Vedanta. It should be topping this list.

2 Likes

I hold a few of them. I have the same question, as put by @Akash_Shah, “ why is Vedanta not in the list?”

in above given list , can we do SIP for long term in any of stocks for Best return

High dividend stocks usually don’t give good return, people don’t invest in them for returns. For returns you invest in growth stocks, not dividend stocks. Many dividend stocks will be in the business for many more years, but their will be less compared to other high growth companies. High dividend companies are very big in their respective sectors, so they generate free cash, and give this cash to investors, but they may not grow much.

So don’t invest in dividend stocks for growth.

Hi , Can we do SIP in below stocks for long term for better return?

|1|3I Infotech|
|2|Bank of Baroda|
|3|BrightCom Group|
|4|Centrum Capital |
|5|Century Exturtion|
|6|Engineers India|
|7|HCC|
|8|KCP|
|9|NBCC|
|10|paradeep phosphate|
|11|Precsion Chasm|
|12|Rana Sugar|
|13|South Indian Bank|
|14|TARC Ltd|
|15|Trident|
|16|TTML|
|17|Union Bank|

Stocks means companies, so did you study about these companies? If you did not study, do that first.