Strategy needed to trade intraday?

Lost due to market manipulation…

1.Nifty 50 was in range bound condition…
2. Thursday is options expiry so most of the stocks are bound to behave abnormal…

Lost a huge amount…

If you r new in market than it is better to do paper trading for 2 or 3 month…when you will be continuously profitable on paper trade…than enter the live market.

I’m happy that you came forward to help me out I have been in the market for 6months but im looking for a strategy for intraday trade… In equity sector…

its expiry day so u should hv taken a wide stop loss , if u think its manipulation then also check 20 market depth to find unusual buy orders

Please explain who is manipulating the markets?

Reversal Trading Strategy is one of those Intraday trading strategies that give a chance to enter the security very close to support. As it is always said, buy low and sell high, this trading strategy helps to take a position on the security very close to the support level and gives an opportunity to set the stops.

1 Like

If you cry over a loss, and blame elements such as manipulation, you ll again cry in the next loss.
If you bet heavy enough, then you knew you ll lose heavy enough. But you were after jackpot I guess.

Karthik,

you are undergoing same phase that all beginners do. Learn some concepts of position sizing and risk management. That will help you a lot in long run.

Sure what does position sizing mean ??

Position sizing simply refers to computing the quantity based on ‘SL’ and your risk appetite, so that you do not take ‘huge losses’.

Let say you want to trade a scrip at Rs.100, your target is Rs.110 and SL is 95. And your account size(available funds) is Rs.10000. Now, you need to decide how much you are willing to loosing in a day(or in a trade) and assume it is 2% or Rs.200. Then your quantity should not exceed Max Loss / SL or Rs.200/Rs.5 = 40 units.

There are many ways of computing position size, this could be one of the simplest.

1 Like

if one cant come here and ask even the silliest of questions without the fear of being stigmatized or ridiculed, what is the whole point of having such a forum mate ?! May be you did not mean that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes brother but when we take leverage then things get multiplied right ???

With or without the margin, you should be able to define your risk. Meaning how much can you afford to loose in a day. Then you can use this number to calculate your qty. Using margin is an option you may or may not use

If you want o succeed in long run, don’t ever take leverage. Of course, there are exceptions to it but as a beginner, don’t even think of it.

See, the problem is - new traders can be genuinely ignorant and not know where they stand in terms of understanding the market. And each of us are at a different level of understanding as well and the only constant being ‘the continued learning’ we all go thru.

It is not pragmatic to presume any level of qualifiers to questions each of us ask. So I’d still overlook these nuances and try and contribute as far as I can.

But no offense - and I’ll have it my way and you have it yours. :slight_smile: Having fun is just as important afterall.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I am curious what you are trying to show in the photo @kungumakarthik . whats it?

I m still watching and thinking why he took co :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: trade

thank you much for the time i will keep this in mind when i place the order…

1 Like

can i get more detail ??