Streak - Position sizing?

Hi Streak team, what you have done is beautiful and amazing. You have thought of so many things that a trader can do with. Thank you !!

But what about position sizing? I mean I cannot seem to enter the buy / sell amount and the system would calculate the no of shares. Why is that? Obviously it cannot be difficult to calculate nor against current regulations.

I am stuck because of this. Please advise.

Hi @BharatDighe, Firstly, refer to the response from our support team regarding this.

Also, the response to your query on Z-connect.

Deploying this feature is slightly complicated.

For example, if you set an amount of 10K per strategy, and it has 5 stocks assigned. Then how is the amount divided among them . The user intends to use 50K, 10K per scrips? or 10K as a whole. If 10 K as a whole, then if stock1 gives an opportunity, will the whole amount be used for this? If the whole amount is not used and the other stocks does not give an entry signal later, that is an big opportunity cost.
Also the SLM order locks an amount to exit. How to go about it…

We understand the need and we are working on providing this feature in the upcoming features releases, while keeping the user experience smooth and the order flow conflict free.

Hope this helps.

It does not work this way. My total funds position is whatever funds I have in kite account. I would like to fix an amount per trade in a given strategy. So the algo simply has to divide that amt by price of whichever scrip gets selected for entry to derive quantity. What is the difficulty in this?

Hi @BharatDighe, we have already explained the issue. And we will be adding the feature in the future when we finish working on this. This will take time. We appreciate you patience.

You complicated a non issue but claim to have replied to me. I hope someone else is also viewing this silly reply of yours. I have more patience than you can imagine, however please involve a trader in you support team, else it will keep on going this way.

1 Like

@Streak

Is it possible to introduce mathematical expression in position size?

Example: Instead of entering an absolute constant number for buy/sell shares, we should be able to enter an expression like " Number/(Opening Range High - opening Range Low) "

Where Number could be the max risk one would want to take in each trade. For example, if my trading capital is 1,00,000 and the Maximum risk in each trade that I want to take is 1% loss, then in this case it would be 1000.

And, let us say if my strategy is opening range breakout. Then this expression should be dynamically able to calculate the position size for all stocks on this strategy instead of users manually calculating position size for each stock before deploying an algo.

1 Like

How are you putting it in right now? as you need to put in a single number of shares across all scrips in an algo

Right now @Streak lets us only provide a fixed number of shares/lots for position size before (backtesting and) deployment of the strategy. So, every time I have to change the position size for my strategy based on risk and range, I am forced to manually edit the position size and once again backtest the same strategy (redundant step) and only then be able to deploy it.

I am hoping Streak can come up with a solution of using a “variable/mathematical expressions” in position size like the one I described in previous comment/question to them?

@Krishnendu is it possible to come up with a feature like that in Streak?

Hi @Nishantr

While this was previously the case, now you can put in diffeent quantities for different instruments while deploying all scrips within a strategy. Also, there is no need to backtest the same strategy.

This will not be possible currently.

Now you can size your position as per your requirement. We would be implementing auto position sizing based on stock price, user defined risk and capital allocation in the future.

1 Like

This is a welcome improvement… From the screenshot, it appears as a different user interface than the current app and browser UI. Hence, I am assuming this option is possible only with switching over to Version 3, right?

Will all the docs/manuals be updated soon to know complete list features on version 3? Tried checking the website sections, I find no reference to any information in all the features of streak3.

Yes, this option is only available in v3. And manuals will be updated soon.

Would there be a mobile app update to version 3 anytime soon?

Yes, of course.