Streak Unlimited is now accessible for all Zerodha users

@delta_gainer I’m not from team streak but since I use a similar condition from what I understand for “close (0) crosses above” condition to work first the price of the script/security has to close below VWAP first and then above VWAP this is also the difference between “crosses above” and “higher than” condition in these examples the price is higher than the close didn’t cross over because the scripts price didn’t first close below VWAP in the first place :slight_smile: hope I was able to make u understand the issue :slight_smile: `

Hi @delta_gainer

For the cross above condition to be true it should be false for the previous candle. As you can see for both the Canara Bank and Bandhan Bank, the previous candle was already above the VWAP, hence the results were not generated.

For example, you can check the result generated for the Bandhan bank at 9:55 where you can see the previous candle closing below the VWAP and the next candle crosses above the VWAP, hence the result was generated.

To learn more about the working of comparators, refer to the link below:
https://help.streak.tech/indicators/#comparators

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

@Streak when I did not provide condition for previous candle ideally it should not take this into consideration. otherwise why there is no need of (-1) offset condition. dont you think so?

And if I opt for higher than condition it would overcrowed scan result. I am opting crosses above for specific purpose but result is unreliable

Hi @natrajravikumar

Kindly note that you should not face any issues while placing any SL order through Streak. However, while the SL order is placed and your exit condition or TP is hit, you need to cancel the SL order manually from the broker platform and then exit the strategy.

Hope this helps and for further queries if any write back to [email protected] and the team shall help you.

@Streak We’re working with a time frame of mere seconds, but you’re asking for multiple clicks and navigation between different locations in just a few seconds. How can we accomplish that manually? It’s quite difficult within such a limited time frame, which undermines the purpose of the Streak platform.

Hi @natrajravikumar

Our teams are continuously working to enhance the platform based on valuable user feedback such as yours. Your inquiry has been duly noted and forwarded to the appropriate team for further consideration.

We appreciate your engagement to improve your experience with our platform.

Streak free is severely limited. There is a limit of 50 on back tests with Dynamic Contracts. Moreover, when you have to make a small change that is not really a back test, for example, making it public to get a share link, it forces you to Save and Back test thus wasting a back test count. You should have a “Save without back test” if you are putting such limits. I would rather pay to get more limits as in earlier Streak Pro then be crippled by limits in the Free version.

Another frustrating thing is the limit on cycles even on virtual trading. I can now run only 5 cycles. Many lower time frame strategies require 15 or more cycles throughout the day. Moreover, I can no longer run a strategy for longer periods like one week, a nice feature that allowed you to research test a strategy without starting it each day. The new limits mean that I will need to start the strategy every day. Then I have to keep a watch on when a leg terminates, for example, only CE or PE in case of contracts. Then restart that leg for another 5 cycles. Very painful from research point of view–takes the fun out of research.

Putting such limits essentially means that you have killed an excellent product, making it worthless for any serious use. In my opinion, with those kinds of limits, It’s just a Toy application now.

A better thing to do would be to release a “paid” version with liberal limits as in previous version so that those who want to do serious Algo trading research can go with the paid version. I’m so sad that the old Streak pro went away.

Seriously looking for alternatives to Zerodha now with these kinds of policies of removing reasonable features without giving an option to upgrade.

2 Likes

thanks for posting the perfect problems with new free streak, we also suffering with the same issues with new streak, now we are searching for alternative for the streak. they have to plan properly, save option must be there in addition to the “back test” , why the back test is needed, even for small amendments, more over every time clicking on back test is also resulting huge load on their server. it is increasing waiting time and strategy preparation time.