Suppose If iam doing intraday futures/options trading shall I have to go through Nifty spot chart or Futures/options chart? Or Both and which time frame and days is best for Intraday Trading?

Hi, You should always use the underlying charts to trade futures and options. The reason is the derivative always derive its value from underlying. If you use option charts to trade in option it won’t give you the clear picture since the option price chart is the combination of Time value , volatility and intrinsic value. But you can use the option charts just to refer the price of the option in the past.

1 Like

If you are trading options, I would recommend you use small time frame for entries and exits for example as a scalper I use 1 min charts on Kite for entries and exit. For trend I use 5 min NF charts as NF gives me VWAP indicator which spot cannot give me.

Also bear in mind the ratio. If you trade with 5 min charts then keep 15 Min NF as a trend reference chart.

Hope this helps.

Sandeep Rao

niftyscalper.com

1 Like

What do you mean by NF chart?

nifty futures chart

By nf chart you mean nifty official chart on nifty website?

Hi there

There is a doubt, is it futures volumes data is only applicable to that particular contract. Right so how can we use it in option trading for the use of VWAP.