Suspension of trading in Tata Motors DVR and tax implications for its shareholders

Hi @sujith_t @Dhiva_karan @Prabu2

You can check the calculator here:

https://www.tatamotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/A-ordinary-shareholders-illustrator.xlsx

2 Likes

I have 6 share of TATA MOTORS DVR, after delisting of this share, How many Tata motors Share will getting.

I’m a college student tried to save up 7 months for few months and invested all my money , I bought 2 Tata motors share and forgot to sell them before the delisting , now how will I be settled for those two shares

When tatamotors shares will be credited

1 Like
  1. Let’s take a person holds 100 stocks of DVR at a price of 44.39 price and now the 70 stocks we get of TataMtrs… what would be the price?
  2. Can some tell me when the shares will be credited to Zerodha account. Is there any tentative date?

I have a feeling the taxation on this one will become cumbersome for AY 25-26.

So, TATA Motos shares will be credited 18th of September, right?

i Have 25 tata motors dvr in zerodha account and 5 tata motors dvr in 5pais demat account.

how many tata motor stock i will get

You can check the calculation here :

Yeah. That is a tentative date that we can expect credit of shares.

I can still see the DVR shares in my demat account. Is there any reason? I have 30 DVR shares BTW.

The company will extinguish the DVR shares and issue Tata Motors shares accordingly in the next 2 weeks tentatively. Until then, Console will show DVR units in your demat account.

Thanks for the update

I have 39 shares of tatamtrdvr with 51% profit. What happened with my profit after delisting of tatamtrdvr.
Shall I get the profit money???

You will be getting shares of Tata Motor in ratio of 1(some deductions might happen as explained in this thread previously)
You can sell those Tata Motor share and realize your profit.

There will not be any tax on unrealised gain. But the realised gain is taxable. Let me explain this with an example.

1. Let’s say I have 50 shares of Tata Moters DVR. The conversion ratio is 10:7. According to the ratio you willl get 35 ordinery shares of Tata Moters.

2. Let’s say you have 55 shares of Tata Moters DVR. According to conversion ratio, you will get 35 ordinery shares of Tata Moters and for the remaining 5 DVR shares, the company will pay you the value of thoes shares in your bank account (Shares price will be taken as on Friday)

When are the TATAMOTORS shares getting credited to our demat account? There is even no DVR share visible in console now. Do we have any updates regarding this?

I dont see tatamotors shares credited in exchange of my dvr shares, where and when can i see them credited? my investment amount and dvr profits have been removed from my portfolio

Hi @ILS400 @kyoto_yukimora , This is the tentative schedule. You should receive the shares in the next 7-10 days.

3 Likes

thank you