Suspension of trading in Tata Motors DVR and tax implications for its shareholders

@Meher_Smaran, Today i can see the TATA Motors share getting credited in the account, but the AVG cost is not shown. How are we supposed to know about this ?

@Meher_Smaran
The exchange has happened today. BUT Why is Kite not able to detect the trade ? it says FIX IN Console

Yep.

Do not add manual entries, it will be updated within the next 3 working days.

Hi @shirish_mety @Pratyush_Chowdhary , the buy average will be updated in 2-3 working days.

I was holding 701 quantity of Tata Motors DVR before merger, Today I can see 68 Tata motors shares in my portfolio. As per the ratio 10:7 ratio, I was expecting 70 shares of Tata Motors

Nitin when we click on the triangle it says to add the share manually and fill the details. Plz see the attached screenshot. As per what u say we do not have to do anything here. The missing details will be updated within couple of days. Correct me if i m wrong.

@shirish_mety Yes, it will be updated from our end within 3 working days.

1 Like

For 701 shares u should get max 490 tatamotor share my friend

i have 500 shares of tata motors dvr but today iwas credited with only 339 shares, it should be 350 share anyone knows the reason ?

Same with me i have 200 shares so 140 shares need to be credited but only 135 is credited.
5 shares are short.

Do You know what will happen next ?

Hi @Aditya_Bhardwaj @orcas @Yatin_Patel

You can check the calculation part as given by the company here. It is due to the tax component deduction by the company. The company will also send a separate communication explaining the calculation in detail. Be assured, there won’t be any discrepancy in the calculation.

@Meher_Smaran Yes but i has purchased at 29 aug so there should not be any gain tax or deemed dividend for me

HI Meher_ Smaran,
Do I need to pay capital gain tax again?

No. The company will take care of that. You would have to just file your tax returns accordingly showing the amount paid as TDS and capital gains.

Hi Meher!

I am also a Zerodha user.

I only received 74 shares of Tata Motors against TATAMTRDVR.

Can you explain why 3 shares are less?

Thanks!

Hi @jiteshbalani

The credited quantities may appear to be less than the actual amount due to the deduction of TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) and WHT (Withholding Tax). The trust has sold the ordinary shares, settled the Short-Term Capital Gains (STCG) liability resulting from this sale, and credited the net ordinary shares and cash for fractional shares to the shareholder’s bank account.

2 Likes

Okay!

So can I also get resolution regarding how to add the trade in console. If there is video already made on this, please mention the URL. I know this may be a simple thing but I am unfamiliar with this event, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

It will be updated from our end in the next 2-3 days, @jiteshbalani

1 Like

Had 140 dvr. Supposed to get 98. Only got 94. If the remaining 4 is adjusted towards tax from their side

• Is it refundable?
  • And why is the invested amount of DVR adjusted as profit into Tata Motors Ordinary? Its not profit, its capital invested, right?