SWP / STP in Zerodha

Hey, we’re working on making autopay for SIPs on Coin. Will keep you posted on it.

Hi Shubham. Any tentative date or timeline, till when SIP autopay option will be availalble in coin?

Is there any update in this?

1 Like

Here is the update enjoy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Bhuvan can we at least have hopes? I think you can be clear with the timeline that please dont expect in next 6 months or something. It is getting extended so long.

Hey Deenesh, the reason why this has been pending is because, we had long been anticipating this :point_down: circular which basically meant the entire MF transaction flow changes and it was as good as rebuilding coin from scratch. We had in fact built SWP and were testing last year when this circular came out. As things stand, we are facing an inordinate amount of issues from BSE Star MF we are doing everything possible in our power to ensure that the transaction processing bit is sorted. Post that we’ll work on offering SWP/STP. Also, as things stand BSE has also put some Restrictions on STP/SWP :neutral_face:

Please bear with us.

2 Likes

It’s sad that at the largest broker, you guys don’t even have a roadmap and timelines. You never provide target completion dates and never stick to it. The number of features you launch is so poor. Very disappointed and looking to switch.

2 Likes

Today I was advocating for Zerodha as the India’s BEST broker and MF platform, and strangely I end up here in this page seeing a feature being promised within 2 weeks - 6 years ago being still not delivered.

2017 to 2023???

I did not have this image about Zerodha, this thread is an eye opener.
Hope someone looks into this and add some relevant comment for transparency.

@nithin @Bhuvan .

This thread has been active since nov 2017 and yet no progress whatsoever. As mentioned in ur talk with kunal that the whole coin MF is developed by single developer although is awesome even basic features are missing that are expected from MF Platform. Missing the conditional SIP too. Now that SIPs are automated can we bring this feature back as well.

STP/SWP is a much needed feature.

PS - Not really sure how the backend is. if the mf units are in demat form and that creates an issue. Atleast would love to hear what is happening or what can be done in some shape or form

1 Like

@Boosan_M @ranton137

I have addressed the concern regarding conditional orders in this post.

Regarding STP/SWP, BSE STARMF isnt allowing the same for demat mode. They have been following up with the AMCs to enable transactions in demat mode. They had suspended these transactions for demat mode in July. But we are working on figuring out a way around this by trying to build our own SWP/STP module.

Hi @faisr . Thanks for the reply.

May be futile for asking of a timeline but still, do u have a time like in place. And also if its going to take decent time, why not simply give the possibility of SIP sell that should be possible and should be “automatable” from ur end. obviously BSESTARMF will treat the sell and buy order differently. and for the buy its automated anyway and if not as well. provide a nudge service so folks can pay via UPI in less than a minute.

This is the same logic for SWP. We are currently working on the SWP module and subsequently launch STP. Since BSE’s platform is t offering the same for demat we’ll have to launch this in phases to observe if there are any issues. SWP will be like the 2nd leg of STP order. There could be other issues in the 2nd leg of the STP flow wherein the payout from redemption of X scheme will be invested in Y scheme. As the payout is not in our control and is directly credited by ICCL, there could be failures in transferring the amount to respective client’s bank account. We have observed few cases in the past few months and are working with their team to resolve such issues at their end.

As you can see there are some complexities involved here but we’ll definitely launch this soon statting with SWP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would seem a harsh statement but other brokerages like Grow have solved these “complexities” and we as customers of Zerodha have no option other than waiting for the release.

Is it possible to transfer ones MF from coin to grow platform without liquidating ?

i wonder whether other brokers have solved these complexities or did they just came up with some temporarily patches

Yeah you can transfer them via CDSL portal if both the demat account are with CDSL

1 Like

We as investors have a right to know otherwise our retirement planning will be in a limbo. Will Coin provide SWP/STP? You should tell us now or we will have to move to AMCs directly :pray:

1 Like

You guys are not responding on SWP and STP queries it is very bad to see this. I am big fan of Zerodha but in context of Coin your service/feature enhancment is too slow.

Please either share timeline by when these STP and SWP feature will be available . if in near future it is not possible please confirm so that we can think and move and invest upcoming investment in AMC plan directly which is far better this.

How so?

BUt yeah i also wanna see STP and SWP facility in Zerodha.

Lack of transparency conveying the timeline and current status is against Zerodha’s core policy. Now I truly believe SWP/STP was/is/will be NEVER their priority.

2 Likes