Tax return filing

If we have multiple bank and demat accounts, which is the best online tool/company to file tax return?

Are these only good for straightforward cases or they can handle complex scenarios like multi country income, NRE/NRO etc ?

I have been doing it through a CA but I need to provide all the info myself. Is there any online tool that can pull all the info from all my dmat and bank accounts and calculate automatically and file return? It shouldn’t ask for my password etc.

@Quicko can you.

@ShubhS9, @Quicko

They should change their name as Late-O instead of Quicko… They never respond in a short time…

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi,

It is fine to have the filing from online tools etc. Howvever, online tools will always have their own limitations. As by doing it from CA or professionals, we always have a better reach and continous follow up of our queries even in case if we get stuck with some income tax notices and all…
However, at the end, its always depends upon on our own choice:)

Hey,

If you have multiple banks and Demat accounts, you can use Quicko to import your trade data and file your returns. All you need to do is attach your broker’s sheet, map data with headers using the Excel Import Utility function on Quicko.

You can also look at our expert assisted plans for complex scenarios like multi-country income, NRE/NRO.

@Quicko

i had filed the return for the A.Y. 19~20 ; on august 2019 . for the TAX TDS refund claim of Amount Rs.12910/=

i received the refund in split installments in parts as follows : Rs 3500/- on 19.03.20 Through ECS and
Rs 9750/- on 01.06.20 Through ECS .

my question is : why do i received the refund in parts and in split installments ?
and why do i receive the refund after such a long wait time ?

Hey @HSL

There is no concrete reason to part payment as it happens in very rare cases where the department may withhold a part of your refund while they do further verification for a particular income. Therefore in such cases, they will send you a partial refund now and will release the remainder of your credit once they have completed the verification process.

Once the ITR is successfully e-verified there is not a lot a taxpayer can do. It is now on the Income Tax Department to process the ITR.
The time it takes for the ITD to process the ITR and issue the refund may vary based on the sources of income, amount of refund, etc.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Quicko, due to some error & confusion, one of my relatives’ ITR for AY 2018-19 hadn’t been filled properly, resulting in late penalty of Rs 1000 under section 234F. Got to know about it yesterday, and paid on their behalf through challan 280. I thought that was it but apparently, you have to fill other details like BSR code, challan no etc as well after this…

a) Where does one exactly file these details in the ITR website?
b) Is there any time limit before which I’ve to file these details?

Thanks!

Hey @SachinSingh

1. For filing these details you can log in to ‘E-filing Portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
  • Go to the ‘e-File’ menu, click ‘Response to Outstanding Demand’ and choose demand is correct and add the details of the respective challan.
  1. The time limits are mentioned in the mail that you receive. Generally, it has a time limit of 30 days for making the payment of such outstanding demand.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey @Quicko, in the ‘Response to outstanding demand’, its says ‘No records found’.

This is how the AY 2018-19 ITR is showing on the site:

The intimation order at the bottom was showing a late fee penalty of Rs 1000 under 234F. I clicked the ‘e-pay tax’ option & paid the amount under challan 280. After that, received the acknowledgement as well.

a) What I wanted to know was what should be done after this?
b) And how much time I’ve for that purpose?

Hey @SachinSingh

No further action required. The return will get processed.