TCS Buyback - Feb 2022

Process may take 2-3 months.

so what can i do should i sell now or wait for tender. how can i get confirmation that my shares will be selected.

@ShubhS9 bro please tell me
i have tcs shares now tell me how i can sell it to tcs where is the tender offer. when it will be available to me on console.

TCS hasn’t yet announced the schedule for the buyback, this will be done in due course. You can check updates here.

Hi Sant,

Thanks for confirmation.

Even if we buy more than 44 shares after Feb 21, 2022, it will not considered to HNI for Buyback, and will not impact on the acceptance ratio to retail investors. Is it correct?

@ShubhS9 To be eligible, by what time on 23rd Feb should TCS shares be credited to demat account. I bought additional 5 shares on 21st Feb but not yet credited to CDSL.

Same to me also, Still not credited into my account, share that I bought on Feb 21, 2022.

so what can i do should i sell now or wait for tender. how can i get confirmation that my shares will be selected. As price is falling

Refer the Support Link from Zerodha, Link:
What does T1 above the shares I’ve bought in Zerodha Kite mean?

It states that will be on evening, but no mention in the time.

I think that will be eligible to buyback tender.

On Twitter Zerodha has mentioned anyone who has bought TCS shares before ex-date are eligible.

“as you’ve bought the shares before the ex-date (22nd February), you are eligible.”
Source: https://twitter.com/zerodhaonline/status/1496410398160916481

Mine got credited few minutes ago. Best of luck to everyone.

Shares are generally credited by T+2 EOD. As you’ve bought the shares before the ex-date (22nd February), you’ll be eligible for buyback.

1 Like

You can sell the shares anytime after the record date and buy them back when the offer window opens, you will still be eligible to tender the shares in buyback.

Once you tender the shares in buyback, the number of shares that will get accepted depends on acceptance ratio, which is calculated when the offer window closes.

As of now, it has not been credited on my account. What is EOD time of settlement? It is 4.30pm or 11.99pm?

Appreciate if you clarify it.

1. I guess there are only two categories: General (anything falling outside Retail) and Retail. So, the number of shares for categorization purpose will only be counted based on the purchase date till Feb 21st. Anything purchased after that date won’t be recorded for tender purpose.

2. Whereas the price for categorization process will be 2 lakh divided by closing price on record date.

3. The tender open date in general falls within 1 month of record date, but this totally depends on company.

P.S. Correct me if I am wrong as I am also kind of new to all these things.

2 Likes

You would’ve already recieved email from CDSL on credit of shares to the demat account. These will be visible in your holdings on Kite tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply.

No, I don’t received email from CDSL, but emails about trades received from Exchanges and CN from Zerodha. These are different from Ex-date consideration. However, I trust that will be credited into account, but wish to know the EOD time Cut-off time by TCS because they neither considering the Exchanges report nor Zerodha CN but considering CDSL’s DP. That why I asked clarification.

As per CDSL document in Chapter -6:
6.6.5.5 As per SEBI directive, CM must deliver the pay-out securities to their buying BO accounts
within 1 working day from the day of pay-out or such time as may be decided by SEBI
from time to time.

Its announced! The Buyback is happening this month… :partying_face:

[Source]

For more details, checkout the letter of offer published by TCS earlier today…

Meanwhile, i created my own TCS-Buyback gain-loss calculator in MS-Excel.

A handy way to quickly calculate gains/losses if selling shares now/in future.

• It pulls the real-time stock-price from NSE (via MS-Bing)
  • One simply needs to populate specific values in green cells.
  • Grey cells get calculated and updated appropriately.
  • Can experiment with hypothetical “what if” scenarios.

Based on the current buyback entitlement (1 in 7),
it appears that the break-even value for retail investors is around Rs.3667.

I wonder how many folks here managed to snag TCS shares at less than the above price… :thinking:
Others will have to hold the share for quite some time hoping that it rises.

1 Like

I had 66 shares and not eligible even for 1……

Yes.

Turns out that in this buyback,
the entitlement ratio announced for institutional-investors (holding >Rs.2Lac TCS shares) is 1 in 108.
compared to a 15x entitlement announced for retail-investors (holding <Rs.2Lac TCS shares) at 1 in 7.

[Source]