Technical Analysis for IPO Listing Day Trading

Is there any good Technical Analysis strategy for IPO Listing Day Trading?

I could find only these 2 genuine videos related to IPO day trading -

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOIXh1ickLc
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hg5P7gJ0Wk

Does anybody have experience of using these or any similar IPO trading strategy?

And, can @Streak be used to backtest these strategies?

2 Likes

Intraday is not allowed in ipo listing day so i think technichal analysis is not worth for it.

1 Like

@Ranjan5 Intraday is just not allowed at Zerodha. Other brokers like Fyers etc do allow intraday on IPO listing day. Have tried it in MTAR and EASEMYTRIP.

1 Like

Ok. Then it is easy to make money as Recent IPO trends suggests that initially ipo trades lower than its listing price.

Seems like Strategy 1 (1-minute strategy) discussed in this video works 90% of the time. Even today in CRAFTSMAN IPO and LAXMI ORGANICS IPO, it worked. Also, I have performed backtest for the last 2 years IPOs. Worked in all of them. Good one.

Thanks for your videos, looks helpful.

1 Like

But, it would be great if there is a way to backtest it quickly in all the IPOs till date. Can we design a strategy at @Streak saying “Buy when price closes above 1st 1-minute candle and Sell when price closes below 1st 1-minute candle on the IPO Day”?

I could not find a way to just test this condition on the IPO day in streak platform. Can you help? @ShubhS9 @siva

We can’t do anything, let streak respond on possibility of adding it in coming days.

thank you

Even today it worked in both IPO Listings.

Suryoday Small Finance Bank IPO

Kalyan Jewellers IPO

And this is how Nazara Technologies IPO went for this strategy.

Tomorrow is Barbeque Nation IPO Listing Day. Let’s see how it performs there.

This is how this strategy performed in Barbeque Nation IPO Listing today.

Tomorrow is listing day for Macrotech Developers IPO. Let’s see how this strategy performs tomorrow.

Hey there, I am really impressed by this idea of intraday trading on listing day
I have made some analysis myself too, have a look:
Processing: realData.html…
@Rajinder_Kalra @siva

However, it would be fantastic if there was a mechanism to immediately backtest it in all of the IPOs to date. Can we create a strategy at @Streak that says “Buy when the price closes above the first 1-minute candle on the IPO Day, and Sell when the price closes below the first 1-minute candle on the IPO Day”?

To check this you need to select the stork on which you want to test and then select date range when the IPO took place. Then you can just create the condition like

However, note that the date range needs to be including the IPO date.

In case of any queries, regarding this, please write to [email protected].