Technical vs Astrology

To make some serious money, I need to understand technicals first. They get over my head. :grinning:
In the name of Technicals, all I know is that RSI above 70 is overbought and below 30 is oversold.

1 Like

No. It is not rocket science. If you are finding it difficult, it just means that you will take more time to learn, that is all.

Also, you donā€™t need to go into the formulae used to make these things, you just need to know how they are looking and what they mean, application is important.

Take it from me, if I can do it, I am sure you can do it.

I tried for 4 years and finally gave up. Now I just hate technicals.
I also observed calls given by Technical Analysts on TV and looking at their accuracy concluded that itā€™s not worth putting in more efforts.
I understand fundamental analysis better probably due to my Commerce background and have scored full marks in Zerodha Varsity tests in FA module. And Iā€™m happy with that.

1 Like

I see, then I guess I have nothing to say.

Sometimes, no matter how complicated the subject is, if we have the right perspective, start with the very basics, we will be able to understand it to some extent.

FA, TA, or the mix of both, if one is comfortable at what one is doing and that is giving profits, then all is good.

Give some examples of being technical.

Youā€™re a Technical expert. Not me.
You mentioned few days back that you have found some holy grail strategy. So you explain your strategy with examples for other forum members to benefit

UNO Reverse

I use candle bars to gauge the direction and try to go with the flow. I donā€™t draw or use lines etc.

So, i was merely curious, when I ask what do you mean when you are referring TA analysis?

Itā€™s not like that.

I hit with size when I gauge the point of no return.

Point of no return refers to when I feel the stock will either move up or go down.

Even if i lay down what i do, i doubt you ll be able to catch the drift. Itā€™s just what i do best.

what about volume? why donā€™t you use it
Analysis is handicap without understanding volume

When I am wrong, i make sure i donā€™t lose even 1R. I mean you have to add commissions right.

Stock commission comes around 0.15R, means i shell out 150 Rs for every 1000 profit.

Itā€™s not about the strategy. I can hit 1R in almost every trade. But I need to take more than 1R just to stay at a safer side.

Basic maths.

Why ll you analyse volume ? I donā€™t need to move the market. I go with the flow and i am out if it wonā€™t work.

What i learned so far? Over complications leads to execution error.

So, i wonder what all this TA leads to.

flow=trend?

how do you say if the trend gonna continue? or if itā€™s a real trend

trend on 3min tf vs 30 min timeframeā€¦

famous price action trader AL brooks (trader/trainer) often seen discarding everything including volume.
maybe you found your way

Charts, candles, price action, RSI etc. Everything that people here refer to while taking a trade.

The lowest TF i ll go is 2 min.

I am not into basic theories. I donā€™t need anything to be trending.

If you lower the time frame, there is a move in itself. Yes, i try to speculate early.

You can break a 5 min bar into many 1 min bars. Well, my head is kinda fine tune for this.

breakout then?

how do you do? is it intution