Technical vs Astrology

I feel it.

You ld not like the answer.

am I missing smthin,

can you elaborate

anyway tell

You mean youtube breakouts.

I feel things building up. Then i bombard with size.

If i canā€™t size up, i donā€™t like the trade.

whatā€™s that

The way she and other people in the forum trade is that they are kinda some type of scalper. Like during market open high volatility they would jump in with volatility stay for few seconds or minutes and exit. It certainly does work well but kinda like wild goose chase with no time even to think or stp.

Kinda like imagine you want a iphone. You know there is a riot going and you know a group has pre-planned to raid a nearby apple store. So basically you wear a mask mix in with the raiding party and in the chaos steal iPhone, leave and nobody knows you. Thatā€™s the analogy.

I implied you may be saying breakout strategy etc available in youtube.

I donā€™t know what to call what i do. Thatā€™s why I ask what is TA actually?

I just sense a tipping point. Thatā€™s it.

damn, hard to copy

Itā€™s not. I take only 2 trades. That too if it presents before 1000 am.

Not scalping though. Itā€™s normal.

1 Like

on youtube there is genuine content as well but hidden under the trashy-course sellers

I am not saying everything is trashy. I learn bits and bits even from a novice trader.

People can teach you lots.

what made me curious is, I use volume pofile and regular volume bars so seeing someone completely discarding volume is pretty new for me

Candles are enough for me. I make sure i use stocks with good daily volume though.

Else i have seen slippages which just distorts reality.

1 Like

You know this forum helped me a lot , interacting with real people. @ronin_sha realistic enough to say, surviving is underrated. I mean he survive for 6 years plus.

@anon99108009 how to take losses and still show grit. 6yrs plus, right @anon99108009

1 Like

I also somehow survived for 7+ years that too without understanding charts, technicals, candles etc.:grin:

1 Like

Share your story.

Started in June 2015 by opening account with HDFC Securities.
Started blindly following calls given by TV Analysis and HDFC guys. Everything went fine till November.
From December, stoplossea started getting hit in 7-8 out of 10 calls. By mid of May 2016, realised that Iā€™ve wiped out 40% capital with which I started. Stopped everything immediately, sold everything and took a break.
Restarted in June 2016 by adding some fresh capital. But this time didnā€™t follow anyone. Did everything on my own. Everything was going fine until August 2017 when all of a sudden I realised that Iā€™m making money but losing that because of high charges by HDFC. Net net Iā€™m still losing. Immediately stopped everything and applied for a new account at Zerodha. It got active after one week. HDFC account became inactive and RMs started calling. Finally after 3-4 months, couriered them closure form.
Started with Zerodha in August 2017 and was able to recover all losses by December 2019.
Till August 2020, the returns barely matched FD rates. But from September 2020, they started surpassing FD. Although, theyā€™re still not very decent.

2 Likes

Hmm, believable story.

1 Like

You better believe it. The story doesnā€™t contain a Ferrari or sipping margaritas by the sea side.

1 Like

I canā€™t even pronounce it properly. Iā€™m a Government school/college alumini. Forget sipping it.:grinning: