Tentative date for Zeordha's own Mutual fund?

Couple of months back, read a news regarding SEBI’s approvals for lanuch of zerodha’s fund house. Out of curiousity, do you have a tentative date for it’s launch?

1 Like

I would love to have a single mutual fund that contains

1. Nifty 100 or 500 - 20-40%
  2. US Total Stock Market or SP 500 - 20-40%
  3. Indian Gov Bonds/Rbi bonds (no corporate nonsense) - 20-30%

I have given a ballpark ratio. The ratio should be fixed by zerodha. And not actively managed. Like we’ll try to time the market by increasing Indian equity if we think it will out perform. Nope. Just fix it in advance.

And most importantly the fund rebalance and goes back to the fixed ratio every 2/3/6 months. This duration should also be pre decided.

If such a fund is created then it would be a perfect fund for Passive Investors. We could avoid the manual task of rebalancing, the time and effort it needs and the taxes that need to be paid.

If someone at zerodha is reading this then I beg you to send this post to the Mutual Fund team. Thank you.

1 Like

@nithin

We are waiting on the final approvals. @buzzsubash

@emrys11 yep, all the products are going to be passive and what you have mentioned is on the list of things to do.

4 Likes
  1. Something similar to dalio all seasons logic - If it works or whatever works in Indian context, would be nice to have in a passive low cost fund. Reduce volatility/extremes while keeping decent long term returns over inflation. Could be good option for retired people perhaps.

2. Short term gilt say with holding of 1/2 years - whatever has decent yields without credit risk and not too much duration risk would be great for pledging vs overnight/liquid funds. I think mutual funds seem to have moved out of this, whenever i look i only see dynamic or long term gilts.

Thanks

This is excellent idea… would love to 5-10% Gold ETF…

@nithin

Please introduce more passive funds and try to make tracking error as low as possible.
Also do enough marketing and make sure to have decent AUM for each fund (atleast 500 cr).

Focus on these index funds

• ELSS - Nifty 100 Index
  • Nifty Next 50
  • Nifty Midcap 50
  • Nifty 500
  • No thematic passive funds
  • Debt fund for senior secured bonds