The Crude episode & the risk of running a brokerage business

Feel really sorry, but consider yourself fortunate that you just had one lot open! Need of the hour is to promote options over future and rock said incentivize hedging by giving margin benefits. It can really prevent such things for sensible traders.

1 Like

Will have someone from our team reach out to you.

Problem is additionally they need to loose 40k for ITR filing,loss in FNO requires tax audit.

dont know on what basis he longed at 2450.it was already expected to trade below $10 by end of the month.

Motilal oswals loss is 80 crore …

2 Likes

Prices are based on geo political developments global arbs and microbalances and Storages of 6 billion barrels across the globe.

@velu Today motilal oswal is calling me to deposit 25 k we will reduce brokerage to 6 per lot and they will refund the amount in one year what a situation , those brokerage try to manage the loss from client deposit , the recent crash of crude oil no one expected

If they called me would saved them atleast the half of the losses.but people may loose more but when we save they are not very generous in their offerings.

1 Like

most of the small broker will bankrupt , with in few day we came to know , who are the black sheep

1 Like

I knew the prices would settled below $10 but negative value was not expected.but there were some hints we didn’t care much about.

@Macroenergy i know these things will happended in market . in crisis any thing can happended , what is the wrong thing with retail trader is , - OVER CONFIDENT - this will kill you in any way in the market , how much you are intelligent in the market , market dont care ,
i am in the market more then 10 years + with me more then 10 people we trade together , most of them making 5 lakhs per month , i am most conservative that time i make only 25 to 50 k every body laugh , now only i am trading all others are bankrupt , if any body is taking high leverage i ddont knoe they will survive in long term , may be now they can make money ,market will show his real face , most of the people is trading with confidend of SL-M order , its will not work all time , if bank nifty fall suddenly (or) any scrip SL-M will hit only on below only - here most of the people wipeout

trade with strategy only help to surview in the market , just trading the future market means think about our future 10 times before taking a trades

3 Likes

I agree,but i think quality of information and support that retailers get is not enough.they get good technical tools.brokers like zerodha have revolutionized broking industry but it is traders who should be more cautious.in may cases I’ve seen traders ruining fellow traders.hey i bought xyz @ 123 then the other fellow follows it blindly,also you shouldn’t listen up to anyone except your greed and fear.good support should be affordable say £15 per month.but for good support good information required for that the cost shoots up to £799-1499-1999 and so on,not affordable by retailers

2 Likes

Say crude oil fell to -500$ , would they pass it to retailer in india and pay back 38lacs for a crack and Who is working for monthy wage.
is this the regulated system in india.
Blindly apply logic of international system is not correct without some base price.
How about physical crude settlement then.

1 Like

Agree with you sir,such things affect the sentiments of participants and brokers also which will reduce participation so all rules and regulations are laid to affect the people negatively.dont worry evrything will be fine,you need any help feel free to contact.

Hi sir,how can I contact commodity brokers in india whom we could save before such disasters or atleast reduce the impact.

can you brief your question clearly

Suppose we foresee a disaster before like i knew prices settle below $10 and some indication of negative pricing.which we would inform a broker amd he tries level best to save his clients and same things happen and broker rewards us handsomely.

last event happend because our market closed @5 pm ,

no one knows when the disaster will happen , if you know the price will be touch there you can place a target and stoploss , carrying future contract on overnight is very danger

Look at the crap volume of Commodity Options in MCX…

We only have paper tigers…

Crude has the most liquidity… but even that is crap… NO need to discuss names of other commodities like Gold, Silver etc… (forget agri commodities)…

Unless people get a viable alternative… this type of sh*t will continue…

Encourage people to take risk-defined hedging strategies… Irrespective of the instrument being stock/indices/commodites… That can make things better imho.

2 Likes

After this disaster , i think SEBI has lost all credibility.

They should fire the person who decided it was good to reduce timings during high volatility.