The Great Indian Wedding Season

From November 14th till December 13th, Over 25 Lakh weddings are expected!!! paisa hi paisa hogaaa

But will it generate 3 lac crore as they are saying? I dont think so as average here is considered as 12 lacs per marriage? is it psbl

Ofcourse , but all receipts are cash , so don’t expect anything :grinning:

1 Like

I think these numbers makes sense and it could be more !. Good for the small and unorganized sector . Pandemic has really hit them hard.So sign of relief for them

About 40 lakh weddings will be solemnised across the country between mid-April and early July, with traders expecting a massive business of about ₹5 lakh crore.

Great news for both formal and informal economy.

Hmmm, some missed Alpha right here. If only I could go to Law School and corner this vibrant divorce market. I mean… How you gon’ lie to the lawyer? :thinking: But I guess I’m too old to apply now. So idk… Oof ? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

hahahahaha. We are never too old to do something great :wink:

The next wedding season is round the corner and the figures don’t surprise me anymore. We are such a huge population. We can expect to attend at least 10 weddings per season.

2 Likes

Time to buy MANYAVAR :new_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face:

Last monday (28th March) - It was PVR & INOX

Yesterday (4th March) - it was HDFC Bank and HDFC

Looks like we are having wedding season in Indian Markets too.

#Forward

Indians spend a large part of their savings on weddings. While this does provide short term employment and gig opportunities to many workers, it also sets back the families by quite a bit financially. I think a balance needs to struck between spending and saving in such a matter.

Nice thread on how big the Indian wedding market is…

How this affects stock market directly or indirectly ?
If yes then please explain , If no then this information is useless for traders.

increases sales of many products sold by listed companies.

ex -

1 Like

Economy and stock markets are very much interlinked.

For positional and swing traders, this data may help in gauging the trend of the sectors dealing with consumption,fashion etc

Maybe, for intraday traders …you are right.