Thinking to quit zerodha

I think that the forum should permit criticism.

@siva First two were related to pledging of Bharat Bond FOF, regarding inability to pledge despite of it listed in Pledgable securities of Zerodha. My query was simple, is it pledgable or not, if not then why was listed in that list.

Last one was related to a discrepancy regarding an order that I didn’t place at all. I had to exit a position thrice for getting rid of it.

Hows Upstox

Can you give ticket numbers if any?

This is only one of the tickets that has not been answered. The rest are closed- I checked in spam folder. I correct my statement placed above - It is actually one ticket unanswered not three. Apologies.

Convenience increases frequency of trades, which in turn isn’t good in the markets,Zerodha does it great by providing the lightest platform both costwise and technology-wise. i should rather put it this way: Low brokerage is a curse in disguise if a investor chooses to increase frequency of trades because of lower costs, because that should depend on the natural trading system of yours.

• they still have their 60 day challenge. isn’t it?
    You can choose to have a traditional broker to have fixed cost plans,Thx to the industry, now most of them are up with Per trade model but again when it boils down to making money, its solely the investor and his behaviour that decides.
    Last but not the least, I loved reading your concern, this is where we need a fintech tool for behavioural counselling as per the need.
    i would love to know the turnover & total number of trades placed. Such a comparison would make sense : )
    Happy Investing
    Team Stockorganics

Hi Nishant, can you elaborate on the last point, where order was placed without your confirmation ?

Yes, that’s what I also realized when I saw some of my positions making losses, and I exited once, and it didn’t disappear, did it again still it was there and then again had to exit the position to get rid of the order it was showing in positions. In the order book, all different orders were placed while it can possibly be only one order.

I have recently open account with Zerodha and almost every day there are transactions … POSITIVES (1) delivery brokerage is zero (2) you can buy instantly against your sale (3) DP charges are bit on lower side (4) you do get satisfactory response when you raise a ticket . NEGATIVE (1) Intra day brokerage 0.03% on both side (thus 0.06%) on turnover is very very high . (2) DIS booklet is not supplied automatically but you have to raise a request either via DIGIO ( chargeable for digital signature) or via registered post (chargeable) and if there is any offline transaction of unlisted share like Philips etc you need to send DIS slip again by registered post . (3) ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to get someone on phone .

For off-market transfers, you can now use CDSL Easiest as well. You can check this for more information.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind reply . i am already registered on CDSL easi …please guide how can i change it from easi to Easiest .

1 Like

can you explain difference between cdsl easy and cdsl easiest.

Easi means you can only see your holding wherein EASIEST means you can do transactions too like nsdl speed e . i am not sure but read somewhere that Zeodhra do not allow Easiest registration as broker will not know when you will remove the shares from demat and also sell ! BUT @ShubhS9 is Zerodha staff and he posted that you can do it …need to know how to upgrade from easi to easiest ? can it be done anytime or only when you have to do the transaction and the details of beneficiary are required .

You will have to upgrade your Easi account to Easiest, CDSL have explained the process here.

After logging in, in Miscellaneous dropdown you will see this option.

1 Like

CDSL Easi offers you facility to check the details of your holdings and transactions anytime through CDSL’s website while Easiest, along with all the features of Easi offers you ability to do online off-market transfer of shares from one demat account to other demat account.

2 Likes

As i have shares of Philips India ltd ( d listed ) and Signify innovations ltd ( unlisted) in my demat for which do get regular enquirers from unquoted share dealers PLUS will have Warrants through ongoing rights issue of Mold tech packaging which too will need off market execution .
which is the convenient way out (A) dis slip sending by registered post to Bangalore (B) Easiest registration but in this too it will require the offline buyer /transferee to be authenticated by DP so need to send the Easiest generated form to Bangalore by registered post .

thanks , btw does broker stop that off market transfer or in other words is brokers consent necessory for transfer or i can transfer anything lying in my demat account to any demat account i want.

Once you make a transfer request, it is sent to DP for confirmation. On confirmation, the request is approved and the transfer will be done.

1 Like

Hi,
Will i lose the POA given to Zerodha if I register for Easiest?

No you will not lose POA.