Tips for new trader

I am a new trader and wish to do position trading till I get comfortable and then move to intraday trading. I have gained all my knowledge and strategies from varsity. Now where should i start? Should I invest directly or attend any paid mentorship programs. My main deal is to identify patterns on live charts and pick correct stocks for position trading. How can I achieve that?

Ideal thing for you at this stage before you start trading with real money is do paper trading for few weeks or months by tracking few stocks (Start by tracking Nifty 50 stocks and expand your horizon as you gain experience) and see how your strategy works or develop a strategy as you learn and get the feel of the markets.

Also give this article a read, will help you a lot.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 thank you for the guidance

Get yourself a demat and trading account. Something affordable like Upstox will fit your bill since the account is free to open and the app is easy to use. If you’re newly starting out, start with small trades instead of jumping into a specific (swing, positional, or intraday). Paid mentorship programs are unnecessary. You’re just making someone rich. Instead, there’s plenty of free content online. Learn from free sources, then slowly develop your skill. Picking stocks is a time-consuming skill to acquire. So, don’t be in a hurry to make a quick buck or two. Hope that helps.