Tracking equities being sold or purchased

(Not sure if I posted in the right category because I do not yet know what fundamental analysis is, but figured its some kind of math - total Noob here, so please excuse if my question is stupid :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’m assuming that the number of overall stocks being traded in the market for a company, remains constant. In any days, huge volume of stocks are being purchased and sold for a company. Lets assume some person X purchased 1 share some time ago, and now sold it to another person Y.

My questions are:

• Do the shares being traded in market [of any company] have a unique identifier so that it can be tracked ?
  • Is it possible for a observer Z to see that this particular share was sold between X and Y and the prices at which it was transacted ? I can see the numbers in volumes, but can I know exactly which share was purchased/sold at what quantity ?
  • If a normal trader cannot get this info, can an agent registered with SEBI or can get this info?

I am not interested in knowing personal information of traders, but opaque unique identifiers that can be associated with a share and a trader that I can study.

If you’re curious why I need this info, my answer is also the same - curiosity :wink: to study how many people purchased a share at what price and at the same time being able to track what happens to one single share as it gets transacted across traders over time.

Yes, the stock name and the ISIN.

No, it is not possible. The best you can get is the market depth data.

Nope, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you register all the transactions on the exchanges are anonymous.

1 Like

From the kite website, I always see 5 entries for the market depth for each Sell and Buy. What about rest of the prices ? Is the full data available through Kite ?