Trade improvement

Trades which is of shortest time is profitable for me like trades which exit within 5 mins are profitable

Don’t do intraday trading.
The stress to profit ratio is very high in this.
In long term rarely someone makes big profit with good health

2 Likes

Today made loss

What are you talking about. I trade from the app all the time. Its fantastic.

No. That’s what you use and its fine - I won’t say its the wrong way to do it. But saying that everybody needs to trade like this is immature. I trade on a laptop with a regular ol internet connection and the app to execute orders and looking at market depth (orderflow is not available in India).

And I sometimes do all this from a park with my mobile’s hotspot.

2 Likes

I use delta charts every day to track the orderflow…but still you are the type of trader who loses all the capital at some point and comes back here to whine and to tell everyone it can’t be done. Still in phase 1 so good luck.

Initially just buy 1 or 2 shares of a stock and record your trades. See what your winrate is and what kind of RR you are achieving. Then whe you’re ready to start trading actual money, start with atleast 20,000 and risk 2% or so on each trade.

The charges are based on the turnover of the trade and not fixed at 50. Read your broker’s charges page to understand it better.

Can you explain that further? Share a link with me maybe?

What? When did I say it can’t be done? I was saying I’m doing it.

These are called orderflow charts, it paints the tape on the charts.

When i tell someone what needs to be done it is frowned upon…they come back here and spread all the negativity about day trading. I am so f*king tired about trying to shove some sense into these knuckleheads…you want to use app to enter trades? Its not that simple dude, I have examples of many people who have lost money trading that way.

I know what delta volume charts look like. I want to know who is your data provider? The software looks like MT4. I don’t believe orderflow is even provided by the exchange. What we do have is the market depth.

Hey, it may not suit everyone. I get that. I just said that I use it and I think its fantastic.

1 Like

This is NT8…Orderflow charts prints the executed limit orders so you don’t need market depth for that. Still i get my data from globabldatafeeds and truedata.

Alright. Cool :+1:t4:

You would mostly loose in brokerage cost.

Being a Novice trader never start with intraday trading,Trading is a zerosum game.Unless you are disciplined you can have multi monitor setup ,Fibre,Still you will lose .

You should pay more attention to each deal and set stop loss, if it is lower than LTP. I noticed that someone suggest you to use 4 monitors, but I think that\s too much and may lead to losses. so it’s better to have 2 monitors, but be more attenrive. The internet connection is very important, as it determines the speed of your orders registrations. But don’t overestimate impact of good hard/software or Internet connection, as everything depends more from your trading skills…

Not if you trade with commission free brokers like finvasia or WC or trade plus.

It’s not the brokers’ charges alone. You need to consider - STT, exchange charges, sebi charges, Stamp duty, depository charges and GST on them, which remains the same irrespective of brokers you choose.

Not really, the difference is big if trading on small volume or numerous trade per day. Let’s bring the number…

100 quantities of Rs. 100/share.
Fin charges Rs. 3.29 and Z/U-Rs.20pertrade charges Rs. 6.15

1000 quantities of Rs. 100/share. Fin = 32.87 and others Rs. 56.47. This is only per trade cost.

See the difference? Plus incase if one forgets to close the position (auto-square off), Finvasia remains same, others adds Rs. 20 flat. That spills big.

1 Like

Started Investing using Kite 3 years before. Read modules on https://zerodha.com/varsity/ and started Intraday last month. First few were profitable. I was doing Intraday on Stocks.
Then learnt about Options. Tried my hand at it and it quickly found, it is a different game altogether with price fluctuating very fast.
Capturing my mistakes and trying to avoid repeating it.

Key Learnings so far

1. Buying PE when candles are moving up
  2. Buying CE when candles are moving down
  3. Going against the trend expecting a magic which will hardly happen
  4. Buying options without considering time decay(Buying close to day high, which eventually goes down close of day)
  5. Buying OTM options.
  6. Running behind price adjusting orders instead of weighting for the price to hit our target
  7. Greedy to book profit again after realising one round of profit.
  8. Not placing stoploss , When position goes in loss during INTRADAY, waiting for it recover only leading to huge losses.
  9. When position goes in profit, greedy mind to book more profit and not closing the position after our target profit is hit.
  10. Markets sometimes go crazy. Example : Infosys had 9L buyers and 20L sellers and I shorted the stock, suddenly in seconds, Sellers were still 20L and buyers were 60L. No idea where such a volume came from.

Still a long way to go.
Like someone said, reading might help, but nothing really helps like burning capital by practical trading and formulating our own risk-reward management. Cant keep continuing to loose capital.

Appreciate Professional advice to help find the right time, suitable pattern, strategy, articles, books, whatever to continue trading/learning rather than quitting with mindset as “Trading is gambling”

4 Likes