Trading as career

I drop my education after 12th
After wasting time in customer service field, I’m learning about share marketing and I love to Analysis company, understand the profit and loss statement, cash flow now (I want to work or in the field of share marketing) but no idea what to do? Cause my family think share marketing is just gambling. :frowning:

You can take trading as profession but you aren’t going to find success overnight, it is not easy to find success in Stock Markets, it does look the easiest way but it is hardest place to make money.

One thing you need to keep in mind, Stock Markets is not get rich quick scheme, like any other field you will have to learn and keep working hard to succeed.

You are young, you should pursue further education and get a good job while learning the Stock Markets along the way, start small to test the waters and as you start learning more and find success, gradually increase your capital.

There is lot more to the markets than just fundamentals, go through all the topics on Varsity, you will learn a lot.

5 Likes

Great question and there are many answers to this. There are many professions that surround stock market.

Trader/Investor - This is mostly what people aim at. They want to make this a living. Sure, I am the example of this but you need tons of conviction, patience and dedication. It’s easy said than done. One tip I could give you here is that it’s NOT technical or fundamental analysis that will take you anywhere but try to learn some proven mathematical/statistical basic concepts that will make you a winner in long run.

Advisor/Research Analyst - You can be an advisor or research analyst as well but need to have certifications from SEBI. This is relatively a better field to choose as your risk will be limited. But you need to prove yourself especially in this heavy competitive market.

Sub-broker/partner - You can be a partner to broking firms like Zerodha and earn commissions on every referral

Technology provider - This is the area where you establish a proper business and yet, be involved in stock market. There are again, many parts of this - you can have a website and provide charts and other stock market related information or built some trading bots/ Algo trading and sell it on monthly subscription basis. Or, be a data vendor to resell NSE data etc.

Whatever you choose, please ensure that you spend at least 2-3 years to know all the pros and cons.

Reason why I spent time to answer this question is - I was like you 10 years ago, made some mistakes and finally decided to take up stock market research. I learnt statistics, machine learning and many other financial courses. Now I am earning handful returns through a couple of strategies that I found in the last 5-6 years. I also decided to let other know about these 2 money making strategies through by blog 30cagr.com So see if they can help you in anyway.

Thanks

1 Like

Starting a career in Indian stock market can be lucrative for some. If you are among those people who understand the depth and details of the Sensex and Nifty, then you can certainly take up the career in stock market. However, if you need a stable career then you must join share trading stocks and investment courses.

1 Like

Trading is often viewed as a high barrier-to-entry profession, but as long as you have both ambition and patience, you can trade for a living (even with little to no money). Trading can become a full-time career opportunity, a part-time opportunity, or just a way to generate supplemental income.

1 Like
  • Trading can become a full-time career opportunity, a part-time opportunity, or just a way to generate supplemental income.
  • One option is to trade from home; however, this option can have high barriers to entry because the minimum equity requirement for a trader who is designated as a pattern day trader is $25,000.
  • Another option is to work for a proprietary trading firm as a contractor; with this option, you will receive no wages or perks—just a share of the profits made from trading whatever the firm is into.
2 Likes