Trading challenge! A 50L account w/ verified P&L

Would anyone here be interested to see the results if I open a fresh 50L account and trade it for a whole year?

I think this is the perfect amount to trade in our markets in terms of liquidity. I will;

*try to simulate an actual person trading with this amount full time.

*withdraw 50K every month (a decent amount for any family in non-metro cities)

*withdraw the necessary tax amount.

*not pull any punches and try to get the highest roi i can without being reckless.

I of course won’t be able to simulate the psychological pressure of trading full time for the first time. I will however be under the psychological pressure of disclosing these returns in public.

This seems like a good idea?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

update (3/7/23): and so it begins

things to note:

1. 5L is set aside for emergency and will remain in the bank.

2. capital: 85% liquid collateral, 15% cash

3. drawdown management:
    at 15% drawdown, size of trades will be cut to half until drawdown reaches 10%
    at 20% drawdown, size of trades will be cut to 1/4th until drawdown reaches 15%
    at 25% drawdown, break for 6months and restart with 1/4th size

4. I will not disclose my exact trades or provide any trade tips (don’t want any legal hassle)

5. All trades are discretionary (option buying, selling, scalping)

6. Will stick entirely to intraday and have zero overnight exposure

7. At the end of every month, i will withdraw 50k plus tax on profits if any

8. At the end of 365 days, I’ll open my back-office console to:
    show graph of account value/holdings/payouts
    show charges, monthly payouts, tax payouts
    review year’s largest profits, losses, mistakes & improvements

9. The p&l will be updated at the end of every month and available for view here:

11 Likes

I am interested to see the results

Please :pray: :pleading_face:

I’ll link the zerodha verified p&L(for 365 days) to the post so I don’t have to manually update p&L everyday.
Any other update requests?

1 Like

It would be good if you do an AMA or something like that later. If and when you have time of course.

Sure thing. I won’t be able to share my exact trades or view of the market (don’t want any legal hassle). Other than that, i will do my best to answer.

1 Like

How about you get another guy and monitor him while he trades under your guidance . would increase psychological stress, like getting a HI (human Intelligence) to work for you while you design the system to minimize the loss with risk management inbuilt. Before you look around , I am ready for the proposal.Renumeration and profit sharing , don’t worry about that ghar ki baat hai.

So, i would provide the funds, the ‘system’ and the risk management. But the profits will be shared?

2 Likes

You get to work with other things , or chill and relax, we can negotiate about profit sharing, ghar ki baat hai .

1 Like

Sounds fantastic! If only someone else could trade exactly the way i want with just a few instructions.

I will be trading entirely discretionarily on this account, since that generates the highest roi for me.

1 Like

How are you going to show us? Via You Tube or by self disclosure?

:point_up_2:

I don’t want results, I only have 2 questions:-

1. what is the max DD in % ?
  2. For that year did you beat the nifty index ?

I revealed this in a past post but everyone seemed to think it was *bull :sweat_smile:

I trade across multiple accounts and don’t want to disclose the details of all of em.

One account where i take the highest risk and trade discretionarily has had a max dd of 17%

Apr-21 10%
May-21 18%
Jun-21 13%
Jul-21 -8%
Aug-21 2%
Sep-21 3%
Oct-21 1%
Nov-21 -1%
Dec-21 8%
Jan-22 10%
Feb-22 12%
Mar-22 0%
Apr-22 1%
May-22 1%
Jun-22 9%
Jul-22 13%
Aug-22 2%
Sep-22 12%
Oct-22 32%
Nov-22 20%
Dec-22 -9%
Jan-23 3%
Feb-23 3%
Mar-23 25%
Apr-23 10%
May-23 6%
Jun-23 4%

on this account, no compounding. Roi = (monthly profit) / (account value at month start)

Can’t accurately track yearly roi because i’ve moved money out at end of some profitable months.

You are doubling your money every year. For how long have you been trading?

My overall net worth, def not.

on and off for many years, full time since 2018

If you go with the return percentages you have mentioned, your capital has grown at least 10 times in 6 years.

1 Like

Only started using this account since late 2020 and I haven’t compounded this account, so no.

When i first began, i invested only 1.6lakhs and haven’t added since :slight_smile:
Every penny i have now is returns generated from trading. So, i’ve grown my initial capital far higher than 10x by now.

1 Like

Why would you want to do this?

There are only two people selling and you shouldn’t buy from either of them
:point_up_2:
hoping to show what’s possible, that is if i don’t end up failing myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes