Trading for a living expectation

@prash_u No worries man! There is nowhere i get you or anyone wrong. I Understand what you said. Nevermind.

I’m always here if its about trading. Consistency? It depends bro. Time to time it changes.

In my case, Let’s say, I want to make 2000 perday, My principle is 1 Lakh. Once i get 5 Lakhs, now my target of making 2000 will be easy comparing to 1 Lakh Principle. But I expect more (10k) because my principle is larger comparing to yesterday. So this is keep changing in my case.

In your case, If you want to fix monthly income. Keep watching market! Time to time update yourself. Make a good plans how it works for you.

1 Like

So far as I read, there is no one who has made 10% pr month for a long period spread over few years. I think the biggest corporate bosses are stupid if they struggle so much to make so little if others can make 10% month with relatively less effort and a lot lesser time. Can we ever think of any business that has made 10% over years?

3 Likes

@anugnani There might be plenty who are making really good money. They won’t be here reading our blogs. They are very busy in enjoying their life. Just like we will do once we make profitable days! I’m one of them. When I make money, I won’t be looking any pages than my day!

2 Likes

Thanks man!

Hahah, exactly my problem most of the times. I don’t know if i should increase my capital and expect same return in amount. That would be much easier and much less work like you said. But, once i increase capital, i feel how can i be satisfied with the same amount, i should be looking for same return %.

2 Likes

Once you make money the next objective will be fame and power. Which human being will forego the opportunity for fame if he has made 10% on a monthly basis? I think nobody can make more than 3-4% per month consistently. Even that is huge and I will be more than happy with that. Luckily I am walking in that direction now though a long way to reach there.

3 Likes

I’m greedy bastard! I will be keep going as long as market is open. @prash_u. To be noted! I’m ready for losses! No matter how many times I lose!

I’m committed to this. Someday i might get out. If not, Well, I’m surviving. Not a problem!

1 Like

@anugnani We have a possibility to do whatever it takes. I see. Soon or later. Time! That’s not in our hands.

1 Like

lol! You said it. I didn’t. Is it in your list? :crazy_face:

What you say is true. But, I also think its difficult for big players/fund houses to make such big returns, because of the huge amount of money involved. They cannot get in and out of trades as easily as retailers or very small traders. They will have to time their trades much more and buy in bits and pieces, or else it could move the stocks in a huge way.

For small traders, i feel we can get in and out easily and make use of smaller movements throughout a day or week much more. Maybe ,i am wrong, but this is what i say to myself to think i can make better returns by trading than investing in funds.

:smiley: Also, this is exactly why i created this thread. To know what others who do this professionally like a business think. But like @anon99108009 said, lot of people who are very successful already, maybe don’t read posts like this.

1 Like

Please reconsider your opinion. Bigger people are those who make money consistently. I will tell you one known example. Retailers panic quickly and exit. I know who lost huge money on the day following demonetisation announcement. Likewise there is practically no reason why a large cap or reputed stock to rise or fall by 5% in a day. They just fluctuate based on factors unknown to us. I was watching a webinar sometime back where the speaker showed that DIIs and FIIs invariably buy when retailers sell and vice versa. Ultimately the retailers lose money. Entry and exit can be automated by these big players and we can’t match a machine however nimble one may be,

What’s the conclusion you made? finally? @prash_u

:slight_smile: No conclusions as of now, just wanted to get a better idea.
Also, I was looking for a few more responses. i don’t think it would be right to make any conclusion only on 2-3 opinions.

For now, i am happy if i’m just profitable whatever the returns. So, will continue with what i’m doing, till i can get a better understanding and perspective, let’s see where it leads. Thanks again for all the feedback.

1 Like

@prash_u @anugnani

Prash please don’t jump to trading as full time. Job is ur core nucleus. Spend lot of time learning f & o space. If really passionate join a trading firm and work for them. Slowly u can then trade in ur own

Remember this trading is event based. In current world scenario never know one event and a wrong position may wipe off .

So don’t be in hurry. Read lot of books and continue sample trading.

Not always a Nithin or P R Sundar come out as millionaire. Bit of luck also.

2 Likes

i am a full time trader …
but i had a secondary source of income before i went full time trading

if you are not making money consistently in the mkt , then it’s a bad idea …
develop some working strategies for you and then decide

3 Likes

@velu,

Thanks for sharing. If i may ask, could you please let me know how many months or years you have been trading full time? and also what is the average return in % that you get say month-wise or year-wise?

You are correct and I agree with you. Proof that I have not quit my job thus far. Which trading firm will allow you to learn the trade secrets? Apart from hard work and a bit of luck there is nothing much for a retail client.

close to 2 years now …

returns depends on what you trade … futures or options , intraday or positional …
it’s absolutely bad to enter full time trading expecting some percent of returns in your mind

1 Like

Thanks @velu . Its not that i will be expecting to make a similar return as others, or that i will expect to be profitable all the time.

I ask, just to get to know what kind of returns usually professional traders make on average.
It is just out of general curiosity and not because i will take some important decisions based on it.

Honestly speaking… Yes you can live of your life just by trading on a daily basis… you really can… One thing I want to ask you … if you really decide you wanna live your life just by trading how much you love to make on a daily basis… ?? What instruments will you trade ?? Is it just Equity, FnO, commodity or options…??

The basic answer lies in how much you want to make on a daily basis…

Just a honest advice to you… make 1000 bucks profit for the next 90 trading days that’s 90 … that’s 22.5k per month (not counting for trading holidays) . If you can make that… you really can…

Good luck

2 Likes