Listing down pros of each.
- Commodities have lesser volatility, so lesser margins required
- Commodity markets are open for longer time, so lesser risk to positional traders
- Commodities are based on common products in daily use, so less chances of sudden wild price swings
- Stock Futures are cash settled, so safer for traders
- Stock Futures have larger price swings, so potential for higher short term profits
- Larger number of available instruments when compared to Commodities
Any other points that you want to add?