Trading Software and Laptop capacity

Which Intel processor is enough to handle trading software with enough speed. Is Intel i3 enough to handle a trading software with enough speed or do we need Intel i5?

yes i3 will work , just get minimum 4 gb ram and good broadband connection

I assume you mean to say Intel i3 is good to go. About the RAM, I was planning for 4GB RAM. Can you please tell why 4GB won’t be enough and whether it will cause serious crawl. Next about SSD, Is it okay to have a cheaper SATA SSD or I must choose a NVME SSD?

i am still using late 2012 macbook pro specs and it works fine …been 8+ years

It’s an Intel i7. My question is whether i3 is enough or do we need i5. It’s also not clear whether you are using 4GB or 8GB RAM? And I am seeking to know if 4GB will be enough? Further it will be great if you throw some light on whether to opt for SATA SSD Or NvME SSD?

what every model you choose ,take big display possible with high resolution more than 1080p .
multiple charts needs more pixels .im having ultra wide 3440 x 1440p ,it not enough for me see different time periods of same charts .

Yes, SSD plus at least 8 GB of memory for office tasks it seems a must today. So let’s do something more great than it’s already is. Can you please do that or not ? I am all for that matter anyway and will suggest anyone to buy such specs and not $250 laptops.

If you can just tell whether NvME SSD is worth the price or better be having SATA SSD if there is significant price differential between the two.

Performance depends on the processor. If you have the newer generations (8th gen or the faster 9th gen), you should be more than fine. It doesn’t matter if you have i3 or i5 as long as it’s 8th or 9th gen. Obviously i3 8th gen is much faster compared to older generations i5 and even i7.

RAM and SSD are beside the point, so don’t worry about that.

1 Like